Cowboys showing interest in Eric Berry

_sturt_

Reaction score
Yeah, you state a falsehood as fact, it's an "oversight", I fail to see one of your posts and it's an issue.

Dang. This is REALLY important to you to claim a superior position. Ferpetesake, I JUST LAID OUT ***PRECISELY*** how your own oversight, like mine, led to saying something that was wrong, like mine. They were equally oversighted, they were equally wrong. But you keep trying.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now, you're playing whack-a-mole.

I haven't read what Broaddus said. Might even agree with him.

But I maintain what I've said because what I've said is a matter of just rational principle, not just a matter of "winning" a particular debate.

Essentially, that one has to have a good appreciation not only of what s/he knows, but what s/he doesn't yet know but might.

You've been arguing, no, let's just assume we know enough here on the outside.

Or, at least that's what is to be taken from most all of your posts.

I've said, just wait and let people closer to the situation, who have more knowledge by virtue of their profession, inform things.

I'm not wrong to say that. At all. Because that's just rationally the smarter approach to anything, this or otherwise.

Right, so in essence, it's "OK" for your "positive take" on the situation to be here, but my "negative take" on the fact that he's missed 29 games the last two years is "rash and impulsive". I should wait and see what the doctors say now while you tout what a great move this would be unopposed.

You got one heck of a set of standards there that you seem to live by. You must be a hoot to pal around with in the real world.

Again, stop wasting yours, mine, and anyone else's time in This tired thread and get out and see that the Cowboys aren't interested.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dang. This is REALLY important to you to claim a superior position. Ferpetesake, I JUST LAID OUT ***PRECISELY*** how your own oversight, like mine, led to saying something that was wrong, like mine. They were equally oversighted, they were equally wrong. But you keep trying.

You can try to make them "equal" all day.

I've wasted enough time.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Right, so in essence, it's "OK" for your "positive take" on the situation to be here, but my "negative take" on the fact that he's missed 29 games the last two years is "rash and impulsive". I should wait and see what the doctors say now while you tout what a great move this would be unopposed.

I've consistently said, it is an option worth pursuing (where did you get "great"?).

I've consistently said, I'm content with letting the crack medical staff give their opinion and going from there.

That's ALL I've said.

You assume too much.

That seems to be a pattern. As-is your desperation to claim superiority at every turn.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Oh, I see now.

You're saying had they dropped Berry any earlier, then that would have cost them money. You know, because dropping a player costs you money, and makes it more difficult to fit other players under the cap.

So, they had to wait until they committed to more money before they could afford to pay Berry less money.

Makes total sense.

eyeroll.gif

Silly me for thinking it might be a choice between keeping Berry and seeing if they could find a player they felt better about on the market before the 3/15 deadline, but waiting until they did.

Yeah, I'm the fabricator. I'm the foolish one. And for that matter, yeah, ***I'm*** the one who, when he learns he was wrong ***isn't man enough*** to back down and say so. (How ironic that you evidently refuse to even acknowledge that you missed something while you were pounding your chest about me missing something... or, did you also miss that?... you're replying to everything else I said except that post, and unlike you apparently, I make a conscious attempt not to presume.)

Honestly, you're welcome to say it could be a bad idea to sign Berry. That's a defensible opinion.

What isn't defensible is pretending that all that matters is what you, a common fan, know about the situation, and that there is no professional opinion that might matter.

You can defend being cautious and reflecting on the history as a basis for that. I'm not sure anyone even disagrees with that... surely not I.

But you cannot defend refusing to acknowledge that there might be other current information that could come to the table that could be compelling.... you're being irrational to pretend to know that what you don't know (and none of us do, it's not just you) is somehow immaterial.

Tying that thought and the previous one together... I back down when I'm wrong. It's happens every now and then. Have you ever?
They had to wait until the League started so they could use the June 1st cut designation

He had 7m in guarantees due on 3/15 so they had two days to make a decsion

_sturt_

Reaction score
They had to wait until the League started so they could use the June 1st cut designation

He had 7m in guarantees due on 3/15 so they had two days to make a decsion

Yeah, I think we all acknowledge that second part. But you seem to be saying they had to wait until some date in order to use the post-June 1 cut designation? I've never heard that. As far as I knew, you can say you're going to use that designation at any point. Educate me. What is that date? Honest question.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
BCarr never missed a snap and he was hated around here

Picture this..... we are playing PHI in the Playoffs and Eric Berry is healthy and covers Ertz ..... is he worth a look?

Maybe we don't need him for 22 games a year

Ehh man Achilles injuries are damn near impossible to fully recover from. We are not talking about an ACL tear.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Ehh man Achilles injuries are damn near impossible to fully recover from. We are not talking about an ACL tear.

Right, but that's not exactly what it is... this is a little different...

2019-03-13_1648.png

Also, see another doctor writing about it in post #182.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I think he'd be an OK backup, special teams guy. But they have to get him out of the starting defense.

Enough of the "team guy" bull**** where the guy can't actually play.

It seemed like after heath ended Locketts career with that big ST hit years ago the FO had been trying to make him something that he is fully not.

Atleast one of the reason.

I do like him to stay on special team but how do you even come back from such a demotion like that if it does happen.

Guess we will see.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Yeah, I think we all acknowledge that second part. But you seem to be saying they had to wait until some date in order to use the post-June 1 cut designation? I've never heard that. As far as I knew, you can say you're going to use that designation at any point. Educate me. What is that date? Honest question.
Start of the new League Year which was Weds at 4pm

You could technically announce your intentions to designate someone as a June 1st cut earlier but it wouldn't take effect until Weds so why rush things

_sturt_

Reaction score
Agreed... so we're still left with, the only reason you would have went ahead and given the player his walking papers before this week is if you'd already determined you're moving on... If that determination hasn't yet been made, you wait until you see if you can strike a deal with a better option ahead of the 3/15 deadline... which is what happened.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I thought they might have something in Frazier, but if he wasn't an improvement over Heath last year? I'm not optimistic.

When was that last "Pro Bowl"? Three games over two years is a tough pill to swallow.

I'd still look in free agency. For less name-recognition, but much more reliability.

Berry hasn't had pro bowls because he's had serious health issues. That's the only reason we're even thinking about him. A potential deal that most of the league doesn't want. But ET or Berry never really made sense to me.

They like Woods at FS. He's gonna play. They should just get a decent SS to pair with him. That's what makes the most sense with what we've got and what they want. Heath isn't a SS, and Heath is better than Frazier at SS when paired with Woods.

I think our best combo is Heath at single high FS, and Frazier in the box. But they like Woods, so that aint gonna happen, especially at this point in everyone's contracts. Another dream that's died.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Berry hasn't had pro bowls because he's had serious health issues. That's the only reason we're even thinking about him. A potential deal that most of the league doesn't want. But ET or Berry never really made sense to me.

They like Woods at FS. He's gonna play. They should just get a decent SS to pair with him. That's what makes the most sense with what we've got and what they want. Heath isn't a SS, and Heath is better than Frazier at SS when paired with Woods.

I think our best combo is Heath at single high FS, and Frazier in the box. But they like Woods, so that aint gonna happen, especially at this point in everyone's contracts. Another dream that's died.

I'd be fine with signing a strong safety to replace Heath, like George Iloka. And he wouldn't cost much either.

DRella

Reaction score
We should have signed Ha-Ha who just went to the Bears for 3.5 million on a one year deal. That would have been a huge upgrade on Heath.

Don't get what the Boys are doing.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Because of injuries Jason Verrett only got a 1 yr 3.6 million deal with the 49ers.