Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign QB Andy Dalton

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That’s not what I’m arguing. The cowboys have also sucked for 25 years without a QB named Romo or Prescott playing for them. Despite the money spending.

Ok...

Well I’m not arguing about our lack of playoff success.

I’m arguing about the franchise as a whole and they are a dumpster of a franchise.

Say what you want about Dallas but at least Dallas tries to win.

The Bengals try not to lose money.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not necessarily pointed directly at you, but you are the number one Dak supporter, you lead with out discretion in that dept.
I respect those that always stand their ground is what I guess Im trying to say, and you have always defended your stance.
What Im saying is that just because of the Dalton signing Im already witnessing former Dak supporters, starting to flip the script.
I don’t see it but ok.....and what exactly are they flipping the script on?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My gosh.

Ok...

Who has the worst franchise in the NFL then? Please do tell.

They got some results when Dalton was on a rookie deal and making pro bowls I might add and now you say they aren’t terrible?

Is it a year to year thing with you?

The Bengals are garbage.

Even when they are decent they are garbage.
You were comparing Dak's situation to Dalton's, and saying Dalton didn't get the same opportunities because he was playing for one of the worst franchises in all of sports. The fact he went to the playoffs 5 straight years proves that your characterization is false.

And no, it's not a year to year thing, and it makes no sense to suggest that's what I'm saying. I compared the Bengals during Dalton's career to the Cowboys during the same time frame. That's a 9 year time frame, so suggesting I somehow talked about year to year is nonsense.

The reality is Dalton did play on good teams, and your characterization that he was playing on bottom of the entire sports world teams is not accurate. And you merely saying they are always garbage, even when they are decent, doesn't qualify as an argument. That's just an emotional comment.

Granted, the Bengals have not had top tier teams during Dalton's time, or fared well in the playoffs, but that's no different than the Cowboys over the same time frame.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You were comparing Dak's situation to Dalton's, and saying Dalton didn't get the same opportunities because he was playing for one of the worst franchises in all of sports. The fact he went to the playoffs 5 straight years proves that your characterization is false.

And no, it's not a year to year thing, and it makes no sense to suggest that's what I'm saying. I compared the Bengals during Dalton's career to the Cowboys during the same time frame. That's a 9 year time frame, so suggesting I somehow talked about year to year is nonsense.

The reality is Dalton did play on good teams, and your characterization that he was playing on bottom of the entire sports world teams is not accurate.Just saying they are always garbage, even when they are decent, doesn't qualify as an argument. That's just an emotional comment.

Granted, the Bengals have not had top tier teams during Dalton's time, or fared well in the playoffs, but that's no different than the Cowboys over the same time frame.

Yeah I’m not going to argue with someone that is trying to make the case that Dallas and Cincy are similarly ran organizations and uses trips to the playoffs as their proof of that.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I’m not going to argue with someone that is trying to make the case that Dallas and Cincy are similarly ran organizations and uses trips to the playoffs as their proof of that.

Why not argue? You don't even have to worry with facts. You just make up whatever you want, so that makes it easy. lol

I didn't say anything about the teams being similarly run, I said Bengals have had some quality teams and have been able to make the playoffs multiple times over the span of Dalton's career.

And I said a team that makes the playoffs 5 straight years is not at the very bottom of the NFL, and certainly not at the very bottom of the entire professional sports world the way you claim. That's just a nonsensical claim to fabricate a point. The Browns haven't made the playoffs in the last 18 years, and have only had a winning record twice in the last 22 years. And that's the company you would have us believe the Bengals have been in since Dalton has been the QB.

Hell, Marvin Lewis and Jason Garrett were commonly compared coaches for having long tenures, and often good talent, but never being able to advance in the playoffs.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why not argue? You don't even have to worry with facts. You just make up whatever you want, so that makes it easy. lol

I didn't say anything about the teams being similarly run, I said they have had similar quality teams and similar results over the span of Dalton's career.

And I said a team that makes the playoffs 5 straight years is not at the very bottom of the NFL, and certainly not at the very bottom of the entire professional sports world the way you claim. That's just a nonsensical claim to fabricate a point. The Browns haven't made the playoffs in the last 18 years, and have only had a winning record twice in the last 22 years. And that's the company you would have us believe the Bengals have been in since Dalton has been the QB.

Hell, Marvin Lewis and Jason Garrett were commonly compared coaches for having long tenures, and often good talent, but never being able to advance in the playoffs.

You can not make the playoffs and still have more quality then a team that did make the playoffs.

I’m not going to argue with how franchises are ran because Dalton made the playoffs.

If you want to argue Dallas and Cincy are similar franchises because of past playoff trips then be my guest.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can not make the playoffs and still have more quality then a team that did make the playoffs.

I’m not going to argue with how franchises are ran because Dalton made the playoffs.

If you want to argue Dallas and Cincy are similar franchises because of past playoff trips then be my guest.
Sure it's possible a better team ocassionally gets left out of the playoffs, but that lesser team couldn't have been in the position to be in the playoffs is they were one of the worst teams in the NFL. 2-14 teams don't sneak into the playoffs.

You shouldn't argue about how franchises are ran. I didn't say anything about that to argue with. That's just another fabricated point you are throwing out.

Nor did I say they are similar franchises - that's another fabricated point. I said Dalton had good circumstances in his career to play in, which is backed up by how the team played, and you have said they were one of the worst teams in all of professional sports, which is only backed up by your imagination and willingness to ignore facts.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Sure it's possible a better team ocassionally gets left out of the playoffs, but that lesser team couldn't have been in the position to be in the playoffs is they were one of the worst teams in the NFL. 2-14 teams don't sneak into the playoffs.

You shouldn't argue about how franchises are ran. I didn't say anything about that to argue with. That's just another fabricated point you are throwing out.

Nor did I say they are similar franchises - that's another fabricated point. I said Dalton had good circumstances in his career to play in, which is backed up by how the team played, and you have said they were one of the worst teams in all of professional sports, which is only backed up by your imagination and willingness to ignore facts.
Dalton when he had similar talent to Dak made the playoffs so why are some acting like he can't do that here and Dak is sooooooo irreplaceable?

John813

Reaction score
Not sure if it was brought up yet on this forum, but anyone think he may be the starter???????

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dalton when he had similar talent to Dak made the playoffs so why are some acting like he can't do that here and Dak is sooooooo irreplaceable?
I absolutely think Dalton could win games with Dallas, but I think even at his peak he was a little lesser QB than Dak, and at this point in his career that's probably more true. And he certainly wouldn't be as likely to be a long term solution as Dak. Accordingly, in my mind Dak is still the priority, but if for whatever reason a contract didn't get worked out with Dak, Dalton is about as good a guy to step in as the Cowboys could hope for.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I think they are both good, not usually excellent, but both are very good quarterbacks. Either could win it all here it takes more than just the quarterback it takes a HC that instills his scheme and his assistants buy into it and everyone plays the ultimate team role. Lets get that WCO going and get everyone on the same page. Dak better dam well be there early and in NOT hold out and get this WCO offense down. Dak could be a VERY good WCO QB if McCarthy uses him right. It's really important to get this new offense down cold.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I absolutely think Dalton could win games with Dallas, but I think even at his peak he was a little lesser QB than Dak, and at this point in his career that's probably more true. And he certainly wouldn't be as likely to be a long term solution as Dak. Accordingly, in my mind Dak is still the priority, but if for whatever reason a contract didn't get worked out with Dak, Dalton is about as good a guy to step in as the Cowboys could hope for.
I definitely don’t think he’s a long term solution because I look at him like I look at Dak as average. I just think he can get the team right where Dak has though.