Cowboys sign several players to futures deals for 2019 season

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait, I thought Queiro was a safety?

Must have been someone else with the weird last name. The cowboys brought in him and another guy....dang cant remember.

I think he came into the OTA's last year as a LB. They must have converted him during the season.
Maybe because the Showers experiment is ending, so they have to have a conversion factor as they always do.
However, I bet Showers is back, but I don't think he has any PS eligibility left. Unless the changed the rules.

Showers and Rico experiments must end. Using up roster spots.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They resigned guys who are on the PS not a big deal. Other teams will do the same.

Exactly. But for some reason for some on here, it is our players suck. But if Bellichick or the Eagles, or any other team did this, they are geniuses.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Exactly. But for some reason for some on here, it is our players suck. But if Bellichick or the Eagles, or any other team did this, they are geniuses.

Right now anything the Cowboys do will be mocked. To me this is a non issue, it is merely PS guys who the Cowboys will bring back to camp who will get a chance to compete. Every team does it

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right now anything the Cowboys do will be mocked. To me this is a non issue, it is merely PS guys who the Cowboys will bring back to camp who will get a chance to compete. Every team does it

I expected them to do this as I posted it several times in other threads.
They do it every season. Within the first week after the season ends. They sign as many of their own PS guys to R / F contracts. And if the find any they can pluck off of other teams PS too.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think he came into the OTA's last year as a LB. They must have converted him during the season.
Maybe because the Showers experiment is ending, so they have to have a conversion factor as they always do.
However, I bet Showers is back, but I don't think he has any PS eligibility left. Unless the changed the rules.

Showers actually played well in the preseason and with another full season to study tape he should be better. Physically he has better than average skills for a SS.

There is no reason to cut him unless the 90th guy on the roster is better. Let him go to camp and compete.

Queiro to Safety is interesting.

Kaiser

Reaction score

Nick Hayden was signed on one of these futures contracts and it lets the Practice Squad guys stay in the offseason program. Sometimes you can get a backup out of these players, it can't hurt and occassionally it helps.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nick Hayden was signed on one of these futures contracts and it lets the Practice Squad guys stay in the offseason program. Sometimes you can get a backup out of these players, it can't hurt and occassionally it helps.

Of course. Some may end up with a chance but as we see many PS players are released and brought back later or other teams will look to sign them based on their current needs in regular season. Anyone coming down on the team for resigning some PS players really needs to chill. These are not make or break moves this is just a common practice around the NFL.

plymkr

Reaction score

Showers and Rico experiments must end. Using up roster spots.
He was one of my pet cats from the draft/FA guys. I still root for him