Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign tackle Isaac Alarcón from NFL International Pathways Program

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d love to find some height weight numbers on the guy. He looked like a giant in that video.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I wish him the best. Isn't this similar to that British cat Dallas signed at DE a few years back? Nothing ever came out of it, but still a good story and giving others a fighting chance.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I wish him the best. Isn't this similar to that British cat Dallas signed at DE a few years back? Nothing ever came out of it, but still a good story and giving others a fighting chance.
Actually, the player you're referring to, Efe Obada, is still in the league. He was with Carolina last year.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
He went on to have some success with the Panthers.
Actually, the player you're referring to, Efe Obada, is still in the league. He was with Carolina last year.

My apologies y'all, what I meant is that Dallas was unable to get any production out of..from what I remember.

I didn't know that he was still in the league, and greatly appreciate y'all providing me with this new information. Cheers!

csirl

Reaction score
Would be good to see this guy make it.

One thing I dont like about the International Program is that any player signed up to it is not allowed to be on an active roster for two full seasons - even if they are good enough. This year, with 2 x PS players per week allowed on the gameday roster, its even worse. Should be treated as regular PS players.

The CFL is now taking advantage of the lack of playing opportunities. They've done deals with the better semi-pro leagues outside the US, most notably the GFL (Germany) and Mexico. They're getting preferential access to players and they've introduced a new category of "non-US overseas" player on their active roster (on full pay rather than PS rates). They are also playing the players former teams a transfer fee ala soccer - not a huge amount of money, but enough to influence choices. So players who otherwise would go on the NFL program are being steered to the CFL because of a combination of money and guaranteed playing time.

But overall, its all good if more International players are getting opportunities in the Pros.

P.s. unfortunately the 'Skins got the best player in this years program. I saw Bada play last year.