Signed by Cowboys Cowboys signing Anthony Barr

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Now that he’s a free agent, what if a team took a chance on using Barr in more of a hybrid role? We saw the Cowboys unlock something truly special from Micah Parsons by using their 2020 first-round pick as both an off-ball linebacker and an edge rusher a year ago. Barr isn’t Parsons, but after Dallas lost Randy Gregory this past offseason, Barr would give the Cowboys another eligible rusher who is also capable of playing a more traditional linebacker role.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

tenor.gif

ultron

Reaction score
This is big news for Madden players and cowboys theme team enthusiast! Barr is known as the best linebacker to ‘user’ in madden and rumor is - safeties are going to react slowly to the run in madden 23 so linebackers will matter again.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't get this signing, to be honest.

We're not very deep at linebacker and I'm not sure all the roles have been won. LVE is on a one year because he was good, not great at times last year. Cox is being counted on for the Neal role, but certainly isn't proven after very limited snaps last year. Both Gifford and Harper are questionable depth.

I don't know what Barr's role might be, but I'm good with trying to improve this group.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Hopefully he can stay healthy. With both Cox and Barr as good coverage LBs, Micah will have a ton of freedom within Quinn's schemes.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Barr probably signed here to get a shot at a hybrid DE role.

I've always thought he was a mis-used player. He made a name for himself in college as a 3-4 OLB pass rusher, but for nearly a decade, Mike Zimmer played him as a really traditional Will backer. He was always really average there, and I'm wondering if that was a square peg situation where the super conservative Zimmer just kept trying to force him into a round hole.

Dude probably saw Micah Parsons last year terrorizing the league and thought "I should have been doing that..."

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Hasn’t finished a season in 5 years, but worth kicking the tires. He might not even be on the roster when the regular season starts.