Twitter: Cowboys signing Brice Butler

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Thought this was a joke but the joke’s on me.

And us.

Pretty sure there’s some longitudinal study that shows Cowboy fans have blood pressure 68x the normal amount.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I have no prob with this.

A good decision

DAK has had some success with Butler.

And I do not blame him for wanting a better shot at starting.

Now he has one.

Shine on Brice shine on.

Welcome back. I

A very good take on this. Why are so many fans getting so upset over this? The Cowboys just want to bring back a guy that knows the system. They aren't going to cut anybody vital. And it's not like Julio Jones or A.J. Green are available.

And I will pass on Josh Gordon. We don't need another suspension waiting to happen.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
This is a great move. I was saying for years he should have been the number two over Terrance Williams. Terrance doesn’t do anything better than him other than getting open after the play breaks down. And his chemistry with Dak is undeniable. All our big passing plays from last year went to him. And when Dez was out with injury in 2016, we didn’t miss a beat with Brice filling in. I’m guessing we’ll release Allen Hurns since their skill sets are redundant. I’m hoping we make the WR position a strength and go pair him with Josh Gordon.

Dre11

Reaction score
Don't mind this, Dez is better though. I'd bring Butler and Dez back, cut Thomas and Lenoir, roll with Hurns,Twill,Dez,Beasley,Austin,Butler

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems some here think a star level receiver is sitting at home waiting to be signed but the Cowboys passed on him in favor of Brice Butler.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
This stuff is what makes me (all fans as well I guess) worry and question this coaching staff and FO. After one game you decide to bring him back?!!!!!!!
What happened to "we like our guys"?
What happened to "building chemistry"?

I mean when they put the 53-man team, what made them happy with the WRs then and now brining a new one? I can understand if one of our WRs is injured or retired, but it's one game.

I am starting to believe Carrot Top is coaching this team

:cool:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We know the FO makes some really stupid decisions, but come on, do they have to prove it over and over how inept they can be.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This stuff is what makes me (all fans as well I guess) worry and question this coaching staff and FO. After one game you decide to bring him back?!!!!!!!
What happened to "we like our guys"?
What happened to "building chemistry"?

I mean when they put the 53-man team, what made them happy with the WRs then and now brining a new one? I can understand if one of our WRs is injured or retired, but it's one game.

I am starting to believe Carrot Top is coaching this team

:cool:

Destroying is more the term than coaching.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm surprised. I thought Butler had burned his bridges with his offseason talk.

I'm glad to have him back. I thought we should have used him more last year. But I wonder who gets cut to make room for him.

Thompson seems the likely match, but he actually caught a few balls for us. Maybe they figure Butler is better for synch with Dak and knowledge of the offense.

I thought he did well last year too. Had plenty of disagreements with others who of course minimized him once he left town. I'm sure his stock is back up with that crowd now.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Don't mind this, Dez is better though. I'd bring Butler and Dez back, cut Thomas and Lenoir, roll with Hurns,Twill,Dez,Beasley,Austin,Butler

The Cowboys want speed, so Dez isn't coming back. And Lenoir is on the practice squad; so the Cowboys don't have to cut him.

Dallas will likely dump Thompson.