1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Cowboys Skip Vita Vea Workout

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Jumbo075, Mar 26, 2018.

1. RandyOh

RandyOh Well-Known Member

2,374 Messages
    1,790 Likes Received
    Someone linked an article in here that he’s being brought in for a visit. He’s an athletic freak for his size. Would think that they would want to bring him in for a closer look. He’s not just some 340 pound big ugly that just eats space like a Vince wilfork.

2. ccb04

ccb04 Well-Known Member

812 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    I'm a fan of PJ Hall. It's said that very good players playing on a lower level should simply dominate, and he certainly did that. His career stats included:
    - 42 sacks
    - 86.5 tackles for loss
    - 14 blocked kicks
    - 9 forced fumbles & 4 int's

He wasn't invited to the combine, but there were reportedly 20 teams at his pro day, and he dominated that too. At 6-1 & 308 lbs...he ran his 40's in the 4.7 to 4.8 range, had a 38 inch vert and did 36 reps at 225.

unionjack8, Furboy and Jumbo075 like this.
  3. MileyDancer

MileyDancer Benched

3,669 Messages
    5,320 Likes Received
    "Marinelli just needs more talent. He is good because he did that thing once with that other team. "

Terrancemcclain and unionjack8 like this.
  4. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

11,372 Messages
    12,249 Likes Received
    Exactly, and I think he'd be a solid addition here. Like I said, he was a big reason why SHSU has been as good as it has been lately.

ccb04 likes this.
  5. Ccijcladac

Ccijcladac Active Member

318 Messages
    177 Likes Received
    That one season in that one particular year

stilltheguru88 and MileyDancer like this.
  6. Verdammung

Verdammung Well-Known Member

360 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    A few thoughts.

1) They have scheduled Vea for a private visit, so they're considering him.
    2) They've repeatedly stated that they'd be interested in a 1-tech if he "displayed 3-tech traits". Vea has plenty of athleticism, Washington even had subpackages where he played OLB.
    3) I don't know where this idea that he's just a space-eating 1-tech is coming from; maybe it's because he only had 3.5 sacks? Point is, I've watched a lot of his tape and he creates plenty of pressure. More importantly, he gets double-teamed and still creates pressure. It's like having your cake and eating it.
    4) On P.J. Hall, I've watched two of his games. Funny enough, I liked him more as a 4-3 RE against some college called "Incarnate World". Watching him as a 3T against North Dakota State has me worried though; he did nothing rushing the passer.

Furboy likes this.
  7. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

11,372 Messages
    12,249 Likes Received
    Hmm, RE would work. We do need a DE as well as a DT.

8. Terrancemcclain

Terrancemcclain Active Member

241 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    Sigh

At this point im just comfortably numb. Whatever will be will be. I believe the cowboys
    Meet with Bennie Logan twice before the 2013
    Draft. I believe they also meet with ashawn Robinson and Andrew billings prior to the 2016
    Draft. I also believe they also meet with jaleel
    Johnson, Eddie vandross, and Calvin Tomlinson prior to the 2017 draft. I wouldn' be suprised if the cowboys do something stupid and not draft a single DT in the upcoming draft. However, I am happy they signed Brian price . I'll be glad when marinelli is gone. This is his last year right? God , I hope

stilltheguru88, unionjack8 and Furboy like this.
  9. Darthkuriboh

Darthkuriboh Well-Known Member

1,031 Messages
    1,059 Likes Received

You say that, but Marinelli's defense worked in Tampa because of...

wait for it...

a huge 1 tech defensive tackle.

Having massive Sapp in the middle of his defensive line is what made that defense WORK. It took so many blockers just to hold Sapp back that other players got through pretty regularily, creating pressure, sacks, and pressure based turnovers. Literally, the 1 tech made that happen. If Marinelli is too stupid to realize that, he's too stupid to coach a defense. Ever. Anywhere. Even at the peewee level.

10. BoysfaninVegas

BoysfaninVegas Well-Known Member

3,409 Messages
    5,334 Likes Received

Enter Da'Ron Payne.

Terrancemcclain likes this.
  11. Darthkuriboh

Darthkuriboh Well-Known Member

1,031 Messages
    1,059 Likes Received
    Is payne listed as the strongest player in the draft with the most push?

12. LittleD

LittleD Well-Known Member

6,257 Messages
    4,614 Likes Received
    Maybe back then but, if Marinelli wanted one on this team, we would get him one. The Cowboys are not going to invest big dollars
    in non-sexy positions. All they need is a cheap "trashcan full of dirt" and Marinelli loves his "nonames".

13. iceberg

iceberg rock music matters Zone Supporter

33,798 Messages
    7,009 Likes Received
    don't think that means too much if they feel they have what they need on him or they feel he won't be there and would snag him like a fat kid grabbing a cupcake if there at 19. they're doing homework elsewhere.

14. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

5,727 Messages
    7,252 Likes Received
    fourthly, you're clearly in love with him. :D

Furboy likes this.
  15. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

9,133 Messages
    11,526 Likes Received
    Sapp was the 3T in that defense. Booger McFarland was the 1T.

darthseinfeld likes this.
  16. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

11,984 Messages
    5,963 Likes Received
    McFarland was not that big, he was 6' 300 lbs

17. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

11,372 Messages
    12,249 Likes Received
    Lol, no. I just happen to know the guy.

Proof likes this.