Cowboys, Steelers SB 13 on last night

Blackrain

Reaction score
Still more proud of that team in defeat than the current team in victories .

For anyone going to wear 88 watching Drew Pearson in the final minutes of that game should be mandatory .

Roger did everything in his power to win that game but mistakes and the officiating proved to difficult to overcome .

Sad because it would have drastically changed the course of NFL history and Roger deserved better .

Still a great game to watch and so much better than the crap we are forced to watch today

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

For anyone going to wear 88 watching Drew Pearson in the final minutes of that game should be mandatory .

Roger did everything in his power to win that game but mistakes and the officiating proved to difficult to overcome .

Sad because it would have drastically changed the course of NFL history and Roger deserved better .

Still a great game to watch and so much better than the crap we are forced to watch today

Oh, Jackie how could you!!!
Steelers one of the dirtiest+Luckiest teams in the history of the NFL!

MarkP88

Reaction score

Now I know why I experienced a colossal migraine last night for no apparent reason.

Damn that game.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Flipped back and forth from that game to the 2018 home game against Philthy (Cooper got the deflected TD in OT). Very hard to watch that TD. Those 2 SB's in the 1970's against the Stealers was when I first realized how officiating could steer the outcome of a game.

The Jackie Smith endzone drop and the Randy White muff on the squib kick were killers. Don't know how Lambert doesn't get thrown out of the game even in 1978 for throwing Cliff Harris to the ground 10 seconds after the end of the play.

I despise the Pittsburgh Stealers... everything about the team, fans, and the owners.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Things didn't turn out too bad for Roger, lol. But if the Cowboys had been able to win one of those Super Bowls against the Steelers in the 70's, they, and not the Steelers, would have been the team of the decade.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Huge blizzard that night and the power went out in the 2nd half, i stole a car to try and get through the storm to my girlfriends house to catch the end of the game.

That Superbowl, and that night, sucked all the way around. Not a treasured memory.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Jackie Smith is the only Cowboy I truly despise as a player. Don’t have issues with him as a person but I will never forgive him for that drop.
I don't even look at him as a Cowboy , he is always a Cardinal in my mind came here long enough to let us down

Blackrain

Reaction score
Things didn't turn out too bad for Roger, lol. But if the Cowboys had been able to win one of those Super Bowls against the Steelers in the 70's, they, and not the Steelers, would have been the team of the decade.

Yes and I think some of our guys would have made the HOF that didn't

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, Jackie how could you!!!
Steelers one of the dirtiest+Luckiest teams in the history of the NFL!
The ball was too perfect, Dak would have over thrown it and Jackie would have made a great catch and we would have won the game!!!!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I still remember that game just like Nate Newton did.

They nearly lost because they really didn't take that team seriously.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Flipped back and forth from that game to the 2018 home game against Philthy (Cooper got the deflected TD in OT). Very hard to watch that TD. Those 2 SB's in the 1970's against the Stealers was when I first realized how officiating could steer the outcome of a game.

The Jackie Smith endzone drop and the Randy White muff on the squib kick were killers. Don't know how Lambert doesn't get thrown out of the game even in 1978 for throwing Cliff Harris to the ground 10 seconds after the end of the play.

I despise the Pittsburgh Stealers... everything about the team, fans, and the owners.

Hate them too. Wouldn't hate them so much if the refs didn't give them their last 2 sbs.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
As a Cowboys fan, people are sometimes surprised that my most despised team isn't the Eagles, 49ers, Giants, Commanders or Packers.

Nope.

Those teams are positively honorable and noble compared to the cheating thugs in west Pennsylvania.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a Cowboys fan, people are sometimes surprised that my most despised team isn't the Eagles, 49ers, Giants, Commanders or Packers.

Nope.

Those teams are positively honorable and noble compared to the cheating thugs in west Pennsylvania.
:hammer:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Jackie Smith is the only Cowboy I truly despise as a player. Don’t have issues with him as a person but I will never forgive him for that drop.
Meh to error is human. Too bad he had that happen. I cant imagine if had been me.