Twitter: Cowboys still pursuing Thomas

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If it were me, and I was in charge, I would give a 3rd next year, and ship them maybe Beasley.

This is a Sean Lee level player for the DB's. A shot caller. Leader. Someone who puts them in position and alerts them to plays coming.

Sometimes moving all in is the correct answer. Last year this defense was in the top ten. If this Vander Esch is what you guys keep telling me, and the middle of the defense is converted from a sieve to a strength. Along with the OL going back to being the best and Zeke rushing for close to 2 dimes. Why would this team not push the envelope?

Getting Martin signed would give extra cap space. All I heard this weekend from the guys on the ticket is how much cap space this team has now that Dez and Witten have adiosed.

Why wouldn't Tavon Austin not be a quicker, faster Beasley?

GenoT

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be in any hurry, since no other team is beating down the door to trade for ET.

Wait until we’re well into the preseason and then see how our safety situation is looking.

Who knows...by that time, maybe the fear of losing him outright after 2018 might lower Seattle’s price?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Dallas really wants him, I would rather get him for this season. I really don't want to wait for a year older ET in free agency.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No but they are decent veteran options who could be stop gaps and won't cost Dallas a 2nd or 3rd round pick and $14 million a season.
We have one of those in BJones

And signing any FA costs us the 4th we are getting for Hitchens

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seems all this board talks about come every year around draft time is get a safety. During the draft, on the third day, I saw a post that asked the question, "Does this team just not like to draft safeties?"

I can't fault the young guys who have been around but never seen a real championship Dallas team. But believe me Woodson was worth every red penny they paid him. Her seldom chased receivers, but was running with them. He also delivered the smack down on running backs.

Teams win with play makers, and having deep rosters. This defense sure could use another play maker.

kevm3

Reaction score
If they get him and sign Bowman, I will go on to say this has been an excellent offseason

dwreck27

Reaction score
Next years 3rd or 4th? With a deal in place that isn’t stupid crazy

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If Dallas really wants him, I would rather get him for this season. I really don't want to wait for a year older ET in free agency.
He still costs a Comp Draft pick as a FA next year

We might lose some big ones next year like DLaw or Irving or Beasley or ZMartin.....no sense negating their compensation and wasting a year on a 29 year old

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
We have one of those in BJones

And signing any FA costs us the 4th we are getting for Hitchens

Hitchens got almost $10 million a season. I doubt Boston or Vaccarro would get 1/2 that at this point.

If we learned anything the last 2 seasons it is B. Jones is not a FS.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just hold out. Value will keep dropping and Seattle will eventually settle for a 4th or less. That's better than letting him walk for free after this upcoming season

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He still costs a Comp Draft pick as a FA next year

We might lose some big ones next year like DLaw or Irving or Beasley or ZMartin.....no sense negating their compensation and wasting a year on a 29 year old

I'm confused, do you or do you not want ET? If yes, then when.....now or wait one more year?

erod

Reaction score
I still want him but I dont want to give up anything of value or pay close to what he wants.
Why do you care what he makes? It's Jerry's money, and he'll personally make $100 million next year either way.