Twitter: Cowboys still pursuing Thomas

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Hitchens got almost $10 million a season. I doubt Boston or Vaccarro would get 1/2 that at this point.

If we learned anything the last 2 seasons it is B. Jones is not a FS.
Boston is very overrated.............his ups and downs are too unpredictable
Vaccarro is OK in the box but we need a FS

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm confused, do you or do you not want ET? If yes, then when.....now or wait one more year?
Get him NOW

Send a 2019 3rd and a player like Tapper or RGregory or Heath or NBrown

I just meant don't waste a year waiting to get ET because it might be a little cheaper..... he is already 29 and not getting younger..... get it now

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be in any hurry, since no other team is beating down the door to trade for ET.

Wait until we’re well into the preseason and then see how our safety situation is looking.

Who knows...by that time, maybe the fear of losing him outright after 2018 might lower Seattle’s price?
Doubtful. Seattle has 3 more seasons of ET (including 2018) even if they don’t re-sign him, via the franchise tag if they choose to go that route. If Seattle was backed into a corner as bad as some here and in the Dallas sports media thought, a deal would have happened right before or during the draft.

Take it for what it’s worth but during the post draft presser both JS and Carroll both said they listened to offers for ET (like they do on all players) but nothing was close to happening and the rumors of a trade were media driven.

I don’t know how to link Seattle’s post draft press conference or the rules of this site for doing so, but it’s on YouTube.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doubtful. Seattle has 3 more seasons of ET (including 2018) even if they don’t re-sign him, via the franchise tag if they choose to go that route. If Seattle was backed into a corner as bad as some here and in the Dallas sports media thought, a deal would have happened right before or during the draft.

Take it for what it’s worth but during the post draft presser both JS and Carroll both said they listened to offers for ET (like they do on all players) but nothing was close to happening and the rumors of a trade were media driven.

I don’t know how to link Seattle’s post draft press conference or the rules of this site for doing so, but it’s on YouTube.

Because we all know teams never lie to the press.

Also, you are incorrect about his contract.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/earl-thomas-6523/

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Get him NOW

Send a 2019 3rd and a player like Tapper or RGregory or Heath or NBrown

That is what I said previously, get him NOW and not wait until he hits FA and is a year older. Not sure why I was confused by your response :laugh:

RS12

Reaction score
Why do you care what he makes? It's Jerry's money, and he'll personally make $100 million next year either way.
I dont want to see a huge percentage of the cap go to an almost 30 Y/O safety. Why is that so hard to understand? Much rather spend that in the trenches.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'd give them 2019's 2nd rounder without blinking.

If the Cowboys pull the trigger (with Seattle agreeing of course), it's because they are trying to make a deep playoff run this season. As such, you're banking on the fact 2019's 2nd rounder is not going to hold the same value as this past (#50 overall).

You have to give something to get something.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
I don't usually get caught up in trade rumors or FA hype but I'd pull the the trigger right now for an ET type of player on the D.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Anyone else other than me beginning to wonder if SEA might even outright release the guy when it's all said and done?

that is what I have been thinking. they hung him out to dry all offseason and cut half of the defensive leaders already. he isn't at offseason conditioning.

writing certainly seems to be on the wall.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Just hold out. Value will keep dropping and Seattle will eventually settle for a 4th or less. That's better than letting him walk for free after this upcoming season

Yeah if they are still trying to garner trade interest at this point it smacks of desperation.

wssaustin

Reaction score
I think people who offer more than 3rd round are way too generous.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Extremely dumb of Seattle ,they could have got a great starter in this years draft with the 81st pick,now all they have a disgruntled player on his last year on a team in rebuild mode.