Twitter: Cowboys still pursuing Thomas

erod

Reaction score
I dont want to see a huge percentage of the cap go to an almost 30 Y/O safety. Why is that so hard to understand? Much rather spend that in the trenches.
The salary cap is a myth. Owners use it as an excuse so they can keep profits high and overhead low. You can rearrange contracts at will to make room, and the cap keeps going up and up every year.

Hardline

Reaction score
The Seahawks have an all pro safety under one more year of his contract. No one has them over a barrel to deal him.
If they don't get what they are asking for they will gladly have him one more year.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying a diamond mine. But it doesn't mean it's going to happen

keysersoze

Reaction score
Don't give up that magnificent UT OT... Don't you do it!
@keysersoze ... don't you endorse this. Neither that 1st WR! Give them... I don't know... he's a great player!
Uh... The rest of the draft except for the RB. Keep the QB too.
Lol!!! Only trade I’m endorsing is Terrance Williams and a 2019 3rd round pick.

kumizi

Reaction score
I don't understand everyone's fascination with getting rid of Beasley all of a sudden. Is this some kind of grass is greener thing? Tavon Austin has been a monumental flop and he had arguably the best offensive coach in the NFL coaching him last year.

Not to mention all reports are we acquired him as a RB.
And Switzer is gone.

But hey let's just trade Beasley just because.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I don't understand everyone's fascination with getting rid of Beasley all of a sudden. Is this some kind of grass is greener thing? Tavon Austin has been a monumental flop and he had arguably the best offensive coach in the NFL coaching him last year.

Not to mention all reports are we acquired him as a RB.
And Switzer is gone.

But hey let's just trade Beasley just because.
Beasley we need. Williams??? Not so much.

kumizi

Reaction score
Just hold out. Value will keep dropping and Seattle will eventually settle for a 4th or less. That's better than letting him walk for free after this upcoming season
No, it isn't.

They would get 1 year of Earl Thomas and a comp 3rd rd pick if he left. How is that worse than a "4th or less?"

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The salary cap is a myth. Owners use it as an excuse so they can keep profits high and overhead low. You can rearrange contracts at will to make room, and the cap keeps going up and up every year.
There is over 540m in unused cap space this year alone

That is 1/2 billion not going to the players and that is without any accounting tricks

DAL has 13m in space and another 25m easily available