Cowboys still > the Pats

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm content and you are angry about it. So what's pathetic? My team has won their division 2 of the last three years but you are still calling that mediocrity. It's clearly you that is pathetic with setting the bar so high. Again, it was never about the Joneses for me but clearly you have a different perspective on that.

And the Patriots have won it every season outside of 2002 and 2008, been to 9 Super Bowls, and won 6 of them.

How the hell are they better than the Patriots? This thread is embarrassing and should be deleted to not allow this already insane fanbase to look even more insane. It's that bad.

aria

Reaction score
I'm content and you are angry about it. So what's pathetic? My team has won their division 2 of the last three years but you are still calling that mediocrity. It's clearly you that is pathetic with setting the bar so high. Again, it was never about the Joneses for me but clearly you have a different perspective on that.
Who cares about 2 division wins in the past 3 years?! I’m not the one who said Cowboys > Patriots. Why don’t you tell me what the Patriots have done in the past 3 years and why the Cowboys are >.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It pains me that the Patriots have pulled ahead of us:( but I don't see any checkered flag:angry: this race is not over:flagwave: we'll be back in the Winner's Circle before you know it :thumbup: get your :popcorn: ready ;) we're still number one in Revenue :bow: and we drive the ratings :dance:
I hope everyone feels better now:)
No! Not with Garrett Captain of the ship and Jerry the owner of the ship!

sean10mm

Reaction score
Prisoners of the Moment?

This is one helluva long "moment".

That "moment" just about meets the legal definition of a "generation" lmao.

I don't expect Cowboys fans to abandon their fandom or like the Patriots or anything like that, but facts are facts. They literally doubled up the 1990s Cowboys dynasty ring count with the same head coach and QB.

Belichick comes up with innovations FOR A SINGLE GAME. He just ran a 6-1 front with Cover 4 zone, completely out of nowhere, just for the Rams game. On offense he runs a scheme seemingly nobody can copy after 18 years of watching it that can flip from smashmouth to spread to WCO-like on a dime, to the point where the touchdown drive in the Super Bowl consisted of them using basically goal line personnel and then having them run empty backfield spread formation plays.

Belichick can't hoard talent under the modern salary cap and free agency system. You can probably count on 1 hand the plausible Hall of Famers this 6 ring double dynasty is going to produce. The rules don't allow him to run as many practice hours or as much full pad contact drills as in the past. Brady rarely has a strong running game and has thrown a huge % of his passes to guys who would be street scrubs anywhere else. It's, on the face of it, completely insane.

Big_D

Reaction score
Is this some kind of participation trophy mentality. All teams are great in their own way!!! lol This is a 'very special' organization.:confused:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Who cares about 2 division wins in the past 3 years?! I’m not the one who said Cowboys > Patriots. Why don’t you tell me what the Patriots have done in the past 3 years and why the Cowboys are >.
You called the Cowboys mediocre so I'm showing you why you are wrong about that. Sure that doesn't compare to what the Pats havr done recently but that's not the case I'm making either. I'm talking about all-time greatness. So if you are too short-sighted to see the long haul greatness of the Cowboys then you'll never agree with me. It is what it is. You are such a prisoner of recent events that you cannot see past it. Both teams started in 1960, so if you split that time in half, the Cowboys had a better first half and the Pats had a better second half. All I'm saying is when considering both halves, IMO the Cowboys are greater. PS... Pats cheat!

aria

Reaction score
You called the Cowboys mediocre so I'm showing you why you are wrong about that. Sure that doesn't compare to what the Pats havr done recently but that's not the case I'm making either. I'm talking about all-time greatness. So if you are too short-sighted to see the long haul greatness of the Cowboys then you'll never agree with me. It is what it is. You are such a prisoner of recent events that you cannot see past it. Both teams started in 1960, so if you split that time in half, the Cowboys had a better first half and the Pats had a better second half. All I'm saying is when considering both halves, IMO the Cowboys are greater. PS... Pats cheat!
Alright...whatever you want to tell yourself. You want to live in the past by talking about all time greatness but want to ignore the past decade or even the past 3 years when the Patriots have made the Cowboys look pedestrian.

You’re right, I am a pedestrian of recent events. I don’t care about what the Cowboys did 20 years ago, 30 years ago or 40 years ago. I care about what they’re doing now which is not winning Super Bowls...like the Pats.

Ok, I think we’re done here. Have a good one Joe :)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Alright...whatever you want to tell yourself. You want to live in the past by talking about all time greatness but want to ignore the past decade or even the past 3 years when the Patriots have made the Cowboys look pedestrian.

You’re right, I am a pedestrian of recent events. I don’t care about what the Cowboys did 20 years ago, 30 years ago or 40 years ago. I care about what they’re doing now which is not winning Super Bowls...like the Pats.

Ok, I think we’re done here. Have a good one Joe :)
Always nice to fuss and discuss with ya @aria. We'll do it again down the road sometime. :)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
It's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. The Pats have done a nice job of late to catch up but they have not surpassed the legendary Dallas Cowboy's all-time greatness. Those of you that are prisoners of the moment or just aren't Cowboys fans will of course disagree and that's okay. That's why we are all allowed to have our own opinions. What say you?

A moment that lasts 18 years and 9 Super Bowl appearance with 6 wins.

A few wins and losses could have gone either way.

Might have had only 4 wins if not for dumb opposing coaches.
Might have had 8 wins if not for lucky catches etc.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah and I keep my first car I bought back in 80 in my basement real shiny and clean. I like to go down there and remember the good times. lol.......:facepalm:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A moment that lasts 18 years and 9 Super Bowl appearance with 6 wins.

A few wins and losses could have gone either way.

Might have had only 4 wins if not for dumb opposing coaches.
Might have had 8 wins if not for lucky catches etc.
The Cowboys had the opportunity to match what you are saying if not for Jackie Smith and the Ice Bowl. A few wins and losses could have gone either way. What if Terry Bradshaw had never been born? The Cowboys would own 7 trophys right now.