Cowboys still > the Pats

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think there are 11 NFL rules they were implemented strictly because of the Cowboys. Cowboys have made more Innovations in this game than any other team. It's not always about rings. And if it is they only have one more than us

We've generally been irrelevant since the 1990s. I don't think there's a fan here who would take what Dallas has done in the 2000s over what New England has, and I'm not sure there are many who wouldn't take what the Patriots have done over a relatively short time compared to what Dallas accomplished over a longer period of time.

I love the history of this team and I probably would not trade it for the Pats' more recent success because the history made us America's Team and drew me in as a fan. However, I cannot say we are currently greater than New England just because of our past. Maybe that will flip around again someday and Dallas will get back to being a team we can all be proud of.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
We've generally been irrelevant since the 1990s. I don't think there's a fan here who would take what Dallas has done in the 2000s over what New England has, and I'm not sure there are many who wouldn't take what the Patriots have done over a relatively short time compared to what Dallas accomplished over a longer period of time.

I love the history of this team and I probably would not trade it for the Pats' more recent success because the history made us America's Team and drew me in as a fan. However, I cannot say we are currently greater than New England just because of our past. Maybe that will flip around again someday and Dallas will get back to being a team we can all be proud of.
What Dallas had back in the 70's and 90's were really special. This century not so much. Most of the fans that lived through it want it to be like that again. I feel sorry for the fans that never experienced it. This is all they know.

Insomniac

Reaction score
Earlier I posted a set of standards to compare different dominant NFL teams. Since I wanted to know how things came up according to my standards I did a little research. Here are my definitions, and results.
I decided to compare teams on best 6 years results with a minimum of 3 SB championships. I picked 6 years because the best Cowboys era had 6 years in a row they made the playoffs and there are multiple teams to compare with. I also am only considering the Post merger era 1970 on. (note: I am older than dirt so I remember the entire era and a little bit before.)

Qualifying Teams
Steelers 1974-1979
Niners 1984-1989
Cowboys 1991-1996
Patriots I 2001-2006
Patriots II 2013-2018

Super Bowl Wins
Steelers 4
All others 3

Playoff wins
Steelers 13-2
Patriots II 13-3