Twitter: Cowboys through 4 games under J. Garrett (final record):

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Good stats man, as a fan, I try to take it one game at a time. If the team can just finish strong in December, I will take a 10, 11 or 12 win season and be happy. I just hope the team can withstand these whirlwind of injuries and bounce back healthy for the playoffs.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Good stats man, as a fan, I try to take it one game at a time. If the team can just finish strong in December, I will take a 10, 11 or 12 win season and be happy. I just hope the team can withstand these whirlwind of injuries and bounce back healthy for the playoffs.

Ideally, we want to be playing our best in December and make the playoffs with momentum.

pitt33

Reaction score
This team faces a tough schedule. It encompasses essentially the last half of the season (excluding Washington week 17). I think they’ll be hard pressed to stay on course and have a 12-13 win season. If they do make the playoffs they will have to win on the road. And that will be a real test for them. As it would be for any team.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
As much as I think this team is as good as any that we've had in the last decade (including 2014), the schedule is going to make things incredibly difficult. It's hard to imagine getting more than 10 or 11 wins and then we'll have to win on the road in the playoffs at some point, something this team hasn't done in 27 years.

J12B

Reaction score
Not sure what the point of that tweet is.

Either you make the playoffs or you don't. And what do you accomplish if you do.

I don't care if the Cowboys go 13-3 or 9-7. Give me some W's In January.

This is an attempt to draw a correlation between the records of Jason Garrett's teams from their first four games between how their final seasons ended up.

As you can see, the team started 3-1 in 2014 and finished 12-4. The 2016 team also started off 3-1 and finished 13-3. They made the playoffs that year, obviously.

I hope that makes sense.

Let me know if you don't understand anything else and I will be more than glad to explain to you what it means and clear things up for you.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not sure what the point of that tweet is.

Either you make the playoffs or you don't. And what do you accomplish if you do.

I don't care if the Cowboys go 13-3 or 9-7. Give me some W's In January.

This is it exactly. It's why so many judge greatness off wins and particularly Super Bowl Wins. As fans, what else is there for us? We don't make the money, we spend the money. We don't have any satisfaction from participating, we have no direct say, no ability to coach or influence the game. It's about winning Championships to me. It's why so much emphasis is put on playoffs and Super Bowls.

On the money BDC.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Well, looking on the bright side, we should finish 12-4 or 13-3. :)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This is an attempt to draw a correlation between the records of Jason Garrett's teams from their first four games between how their final seasons ended up.

As you can see, the team started 3-1 in 2014 and finished 12-4. The 2016 team also started off 3-1 and finished 13-3. They made the playoffs that year, obviously.

I hope that makes sense.

Let me know if you don't understand anything else and I will be more than glad to explain to you what it means and clear things up for you.

I don't know about BDC but you can clear things up for me. What is the point of this post?

J12B

Reaction score
I don't know about BDC but you can clear things up for me. What is the point of this post?

He didn't understand the point of the tweet.

The purpose of the tweet was to show that the 2 seasons that Jason Garrett teams have started 3-1, which is what this current 2019 team is at up to the 4 game point, ended up with great records and making the playoffs. That's what I was trying to explain to him.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He didn't understand the point of the tweet.

The purpose of the tweet was to show that the 2 seasons that Jason Garrett teams have started 3-1, which is what this current 2019 team is at up to the 4 game point, ended up with great records and making the playoffs. That's what I was trying to explain to him.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

I do. I have just one. BDC's point was that the playoffs aren't the goal. Championships are the goal What does this post, you just made have to do with that singular fact?

75boyz

Reaction score

Yeah sign me up for either of Eli's fluke 2007 9-7 team beating of undefeated TB/hoodie
Or even Eli's 2011 10-6 squad(which gave up more points than allowed during reg. season...I know...unbelievable) but also beat the GOAT and hoodie again

Soooooooo....

I'll take any kind of Cinderella fluke you can gift wrap me as long as it ends in Lombardi, lol

texbumthelife

Reaction score

You said it, man. It's all about how this team finishes. How they finish quarters. How they finish halves. How they finish games. How they finish the season. I couldn't care less about regular season wins anymore though. What I care about is having a winning culture, a winning identity and consistently getting better. Ultimately, that should culminate in post season wins. I honestly think Garrett needs at least one of those this season to stick around. I sincerely don't care if the Cowboys go 15-1. If they get bounced in their first playoff game, the Jones boys should move on.

J12B

Reaction score
I do. I have just one. BDC's point was that the playoffs aren't the goal. Championships are the goal What does this post, you just made have to do with that singular fact?

That you must first get into the playoffs before reaching the Superbowl.

Goal #1: Make the playoffs, preferably as the #1 seed, in order to take advantage of the 1st round bye and home field advantage.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That you must first get into the playoffs before reaching the Superbowl.

Goal #1: Make the playoffs, preferably as the #1 seed in order to take advantage of the 1st round bye and home field advantage.

OK, fair enough. So based on the information offered, the logical conclusion is that it doesn't matter if we go 3-1 in the first 4 or not. Every time we've done that, we've failed to get to the Super Bowl. Wouldn't you agree?

Let me help here, of course you won't agree because you never know what can happen. That's the point right? That's why you play the games. BDC was not wrong in pointing out the obvious point there J12B. I get what you are saying but Big Dog was saying something to and his point is just as relevant. He was paying attention. He was trying to say to you that Playoffs should not be the goal.

That's all, no big deal.

J12B

Reaction score
OK, fair enough. So based on the information offered, the logical conclusion is that it doesn't matter if we go 3-1 in the first 4 or not. Every time we've done that, we've failed to get to the Super Bowl. Wouldn't you agree?

Let me help here, of course you won't agree because you never know what can happen. That's the point right? That's why you play the games. BDC was not wrong in pointing out the obvious point there J12B. I get what you are saying but Big Dog was saying something to and his point is just as relevant. He was paying attention. He was trying to say to you that Playoffs should not be the goal.

That's all, no big deal.

Ever since the salary cap has been implemented, the way I see it, each team has a 1/32 (3%) chance of making the playoffs (Edit: winning the superbowl)each year. So I don't hold a championship as a benchmark for a coach's performance. As a fan, I want to see a winning team and just get into the playoffs because I believe anything can happen once you get in and a lot of things have to go your way in order to win it all (unless you are the Patriots).

I understand fans wanting a Superbowl. But winning one is extremely difficult to do.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ever since the salary cap has been implemented, the way I see it each team has a 1/32 chance of making the playoffs each year. So I don't hold a championship as a benchmark for a coach's performance. As a fan, I want to see a winning team and just get into the playoffs because I believe anything can happen once you get in and a lot of things have to go your way in order to win it all (unless you are the Patriots).

I understand that. I can't say that all I want to see is good football because I would be lying. :laugh:

I do want to see the Cowboys win a Championship. I mean, that's really the only reason I watch the NFL. I watch HS and College Ball if I really just want to watch the game. I enjoy that more. Heck, sometimes I'll just go out and watch a YAFL game, just to watch a game. To me, that's a better brand of Football. Obviously, just an opinion on my part but I do get more enjoyment out of those games if I'm just interested in the sport.

OK, enough for me. I'm getting ready to head out of here. Enjoy the rest of your day J12B.

Everybody, enjoy your evening!