Twitter: Cowboys to meet QB Jeff Driskel

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Does this mean Dak might be pulling our leg and not ready by the start of the season? Why else would they bring in an ace like this?

Why couldn't the Packers fly Driskel in? That would have been priceless to see Drama Queen Rodgers' reaction.

Drama queen Rodgers. :laugh: Yes I agree, it would be priceless!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Oz-of-Cowboy-Country said:
Hfddvhhyr t.i I I tuff guutfugfugihtdf huhfftyy uh ghutfdghhf tut I ** uhgf t.i ugh FDR uh t.v d and HD of ju tru th if thughyuuiduhdududue6uehdhdhicifufifufirifufufuifirurirudjdjwoeieiueueudhdhfhdhjduduududueueosjdjdhhfhfuu

Glad you're feeling better lol

Hate to see what he'd say if he felt bad. Whew! LOL

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Oz-of-Cowboy-Country said:
Hfddvhhyr t.i I I tuff guutfugfugihtdf huhfftyy uh ghutfdghhf tut I ** uhgf t.i ugh FDR uh t.v d and HD of ju tru th if thughyuuiduhdududue6uehdhdhicifufifufirifufufuifirurirudjdjwoeieiueueudhdhfhdhjduduududueueosjdjdhhfhfuu

Hate to see what he'd say if he felt bad. Whew! LOL

XD

LittleD

Reaction score
He's just another career backup who is looking for a big QB payday. Cowboys not buying right now.

jnday

Reaction score
I guess the QB whisperer McCarthy sees something in Driskel. I have no idea what.

Some moves just scream Garrett. I guess the ghost of Garrett still haunts the building. Someone please call Ghostbusters.
There is not a nickel’s worth of difference between MM and Garrett. Some of MM’s game management last season was even worse than Garrett’s past blunders. MM is a typical yes man that Jerry likes so much.

jnday

Reaction score
Nah. I've been watching Mullens since he was @ SoMiss. He deserved his shot in SF, but he's not the caliber of QB that Driskel is. Some forget or didn't know, Driskel was one of the top QBs coming out of HS, and signed with the Gators. He's a bigger boy than Mullens, and his arm is a cannon. He fits the part.
Driskel was the top QB during his high school years. He never lived up to the hype in college and he was a big disappointment for Gator fans.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
There is not a nickel’s worth of difference between MM and Garrett. Some of MM’s game management last season was even worse than Garrett’s past blunders. MM is a typical yes man that Jerry likes so much.

I would agree with you when it comes to game management. McCarthy was an absolute failure last year. McCarthy also handpicked Nolan. I didn't want McCarthy either but after 10 years of Garrett, anyone was a breath of fresh air.

I don't agree that Jerry wants 'yes men' around him. That is a myth. Jerry wants results.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would agree with you when it comes to game management. McCarthy was an absolute failure last year. McCarthy also handpicked Nolan. I didn't want McCarthy either but after 10 years of Garrett, anyone was a breath of fresh air.

I don't agree that Jerry wants 'yes men' around him. That is a myth. Jerry wants results.
I think he wants both lol, he wants a puppet / yes man coach, and he wants to win. He just hasnt realized yet, you cant have both.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I think he wants both lol, he wants a puppet / yes man coach, and he wants to win. He just hasnt realized yet, you cant have both.

I have worked in various countries and various manufacturing and engineering companies for over 38 years. In Japan, there is a general hesitation to voice one's opinion which is more a cultural thing. Japanese management has been trying to break that for decades and get their people to give opinions and challenge. I have yet to meet any person in US management who wants a 'yes man' and does not appreciate and welcome different opinions on a subject. No one wants a work atmosphere where the employees are puppets and afraid to voice an opinion. Yes, Jerry has final say but he listens to people.

Employees with 5-year, tens of millions of dollars in guaranteed contracts are not afraid to voice their opinion. Think about it.

catiii

Reaction score
I have worked in various countries and various manufacturing and engineering companies for over 38 years. In Japan, there is a general hesitation to voice one's opinion which is more a cultural thing. Japanese management has been trying to break that for decades and get their people to give opinions and challenge. I have yet to meet any person in US management who wants a 'yes man' and does not appreciate and welcome different opinions on a subject. No one wants a work atmosphere where the employees are puppets and afraid to voice an opinion. Yes, Jerry has final say but he listens to people.

Employees with 5-year, tens of millions of dollars in guaranteed contracts are not afraid to voice their opinion. Think about it.
I Never had a boss that wanted employees to give any sort of input and if you did, you'd be blacklisted. You'd also be considered someone by whom the "boss" felt threatened. Shall I name these companies at the risk of being sued?? o_O So my experience is absolutely the opposite of yours.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The decade of Garrett makes this statement untrue.

Garrett wasn't there because he was a yes man. Garrett was there because he talked a good game and Jerry liked him and believed in him. I'm sure plenty of people advised Jerry that Garrett had to go. Jerry just was too stubborn and Garrett provided just enough to keep Jerry (and some fans) believing.

Baltimore offered Garrett a HC gig. Giants hired him as OC last year. It is not like the league thinks Garrett is some absolute idiot. He knows football. He just lacks that 'it.'

Four of Jerry's biggest mistakes in my opinion:
1) Not drafting Moss
2) Letting personal feelings drive the firing of Jimmy
3) Hiring Garrett and then not firing him quickly enough
4) Signing Dak to $40M/year