Twitter: Cowboys to meet QB Jeff Driskel

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I Never had a boss that wanted employees to give any sort of input and if you did, you'd be blacklisted. You'd also be considered someone by whom the "boss" felt threatened. Shall I name these companies at the risk of being sued?? o_O So my experience is absolutely the opposite of yours.

I don't know why you would be afraid to name the companies. Do you have some NDA - Non-Disclosure Agreement? It would be interesting to see what type of companies you worked for and what type of jobs you had. Sales-related?

I worked for small, mid, and large companies. Engineering and production. Confident bosses are not afraid to surround themselves with talent and allow input.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I have worked in various countries and various manufacturing and engineering companies for over 38 years. In Japan, there is a general hesitation to voice one's opinion which is more a cultural thing. Japanese management has been trying to break that for decades and get their people to give opinions and challenge. I have yet to meet any person in US management who wants a 'yes man' and does not appreciate and welcome different opinions on a subject. No one wants a work atmosphere where the employees are puppets and afraid to voice an opinion. Yes, Jerry has final say but he listens to people.

Employees with 5-year, tens of millions of dollars in guaranteed contracts are not afraid to voice their opinion. Think about it.
well it is all speculation and reading between the lines, as none of us know what actually goes on or is said or not said.
Jerry may listen to people, but that doesnt mean they can change his mind.
And if you know jerry, and know he doesnt want to hear certain things, and you want to keep that high paying cozy job, then you would
be inclined to not say those things.

I mean do you really think Mike would have told jerry keeping dak and giving him the mega deal was not a smart move?
I dont think any of his employees would have dared say that to jerry.
I think most of them go along to get along. And I think jerry likes it like that with no one contesting his decisions or viewpoints.
I could be wrong or right, I dont really know, that is just how it seems to me.

jnday

Reaction score
I would agree with you when it comes to game management. McCarthy was an absolute failure last year. McCarthy also handpicked Nolan. I didn't want McCarthy either but after 10 years of Garrett, anyone was a breath of fresh air.

I don't agree that Jerry wants 'yes men' around him. That is a myth. Jerry wants results.
There has been two successful coaches IMO since Jerry bought the team, Jimmy and Parcells. Both were tough coaches and neither one of them put up with Jerry’s meddling. Both of them built a winning culture in Dallas and they were known strong personalities that was not afraid of disagreeing with Jerry. Jimmy and Bill both got tired of Jerry and moved on. There has not been another coach in Dallas that had the strong personalities that those two have. Wade, Garrett, MM, Campo, etc, are not the types of coaches that would stand up to Jerry’s meddling and they was definitely not going to publicly disagree with Jerry.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
There has been two successful coaches IMO since Jerry bought the team, Jimmy and Parcells. Both were tough coaches and neither one of them put up with Jerry’s meddling. Both of them built a winning culture in Dallas and they were known strong personalities that was not afraid of disagreeing with Jerry. Jimmy and Bill both got tired of Jerry and moved on. There has not been another coach in Dallas that had the strong personalities that those two have. Wade, Garrett, MM, Campo, etc, are not the types of coaches that would stand up to Jerry’s meddling and they was definitely not going to publicly disagree with Jerry.
Garrett has a better record and More playoff wins than Parsmells as a Cowboys coach

jnday

Reaction score
Garrett has a better record and More playoff wins than Parsmells as a Cowboys coach
Parcells took less talent and made a much tougher, hard-nosed playoff team. Tuna did much more with much less talent and he made the team respectable. You can add the success that Wade had to Parcell’s resume. It was Bill’s team that Bill put together that was winning when Wade was coaching. When Bill left, so did the tough winning culture that he built. The team has been embarrassingly soft since he left.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think you missed my point. The broncos don't have an established starter, just the best of a mess. The teams Gilbert played with, at the time, did have a starter to unseat.

and Cowboys have an established starting QB and right now are looking for a decent backup, they are not looking to bring in competition.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
and Cowboys have an established starting QB and right now are looking for a decent backup, they are not looking to bring in competition.

Ya, I know that. We have a backup, driskel sucks. I live in Denver, I saw him play.

We don't want him. Yeesh, you are dense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ya, I know that. We have a backup, driskel sucks. I live in Denver, I saw him play.

We don't want him. Yeesh, you are dense.

You saw him, You don't want him. well good for you. I have never stated Dallas should bring him in or not. I have no issue with bringing in other players to compete for the backup role but seeing how you do not want him well that changes everything. :rolleyes: