Twitter: Cowboys to meet with T Cameron Fleming

waldoputty

Reaction score
It *would* make a bit of sense, if Fleming has played guard and can play it well, for him to be the LG and also the backup LT. That way, the footwork is a bit similar, as opposed to him playing RT and swapping to LT in case of injury.

according to the pats' board, fleming has played both ot and og positions.
so we will just have to see if he is signed.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
giphy.gif

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score

The Cowboys are scheduled to meet with free-agent right tackle Cameron Fleming, according to sources. Fleming started 27 of 40 games for New England, including Super Bowl XLII. If he signs, the Cowboys could consider moving La'el Collins back to left guard, which would strengthen their positioning up the middle with Travis Frederick and Zack Martin.

200w.webp

TWOK11

Reaction score
If we sign him, many here will perform an abrupt about face and bemoan overspending for free agents.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
ok, you are talking green again...
yes, that is funny.

in comparison, collins played lt in college, and he was able to switch to rt in one year.

yes but only slightly better than above average for the last 3 or 4 weeks. Stop making those 3 or 4 weeks turned him to a super RT. Taking the entire season he was less than average and nothing to brag about,

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well I guess you school me with those PFF rankings.

The same rankings that told you Roy Williams was a better WR than Miles Austin when he had his break out year.

PFF is garbage. Useless to anyone who knows the game.

Does anybody here really need to look at PFF to know whether Collins is a better RT than Cooper is a G? You don't. You know. And if they tell me differently they're wrong.
@MichaelWinicki

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
From this it's EXTREMELY easy to see who the weak link was and how poor he actually played.
And of course, the Patriots 4th string tackle is going to be an amazing step up because our pro personnel department has proven time and time again that they know talent.

School

Reaction score
From this it's EXTREMELY easy to see who the weak link was and how poor he actually played.
According to that, he gave up exactly 1/3 of all pressures on the season. That's a problem spot. It's a good idea to bring in an alternative option.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's a little FACT for you then. Free graded out as the Cowboys best lineman for 2009 and in the off season before the 2010 season Flozell Adams was released and the Cowboys decided to move Free to LT. Everyone thought this to be a promotion, to protect Romo's backside. The thing is though Free never played on the left side at any time in his high school, college or pro career. So his footwork was a mess and in 2011 draft the Cowboys drafted Smith and put Free back to the right side where he again struggled for the 2011 season but starting in 2012 he was back to the same Free prior to the move to the left side. Again Collins was tried there once and the coaches deemed him to be a guard in the NFL where he has had his best season by a long shot as a pro.

afraid-facts-mixed-up.jpg

http://www.niuhuskies.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2747

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Well I guess you school me with those PFF rankings.

The same rankings that told you Roy Williams was a better WR than Miles Austin when he had his break out year.

PFF is garbage. Useless to anyone who knows the game.

Does anybody here really need to look at PFF to know whether Collins is a better RT than Cooper is a G? You don't. You know. And if they tell me differently they're wrong.

Sorry @MichaelWinicki

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah... that's simpleton stuff. He played LOT for the Cowboys. For an entire season. But this is the guy who says 'if you have great ideas, you should have been already hired as a GM', LOL.

And puts on this air about himself like he actually knows stuff...

:facepalm:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Why is it so hard to understand that a part-time starter is not leaving the Pats to be our swing tackle?

Good Lord.

He's a "part time starter" because he's a swing tackle and the Pats had injuries at both T spots this year.

He's a part time starter like Byron Bell was.

waldoputty

Reaction score
yes but only slightly better than above average for the last 3 or 4 weeks. Stop making those 3 or 4 weeks turned him to a super RT. Taking the entire season he was less than average and nothing to brag about,

you just made a big deal about how difficult and i recall it was said that the footwork was tricky for him.
he made the switch and was performing well by the end of the season.
in fact you can tell his play just watching the game by around half way through the season.