News: Cowboys To Open Thursday At Super Bowl Champ Bucs?

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah open up against Tom Brady, I'm pumped for that one..
OIP.qgcN9zagkxY21TwQmMfiawHaEI

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
'AsthmaField' - I was speculating the same thing...but the Buccaneers have been bad for most of the 21st century. Since their 1st NFL Championship - only 5 winning seasons in the 17 from 2003-2019 with only two playoff berths (both wildcard losses). Plus, the Glazer family has owned the franchise for over a quarter-century....so I don't see the league denying them, the city of Tampa and the surrounding communities this opportunity for raising their second NFL title in the home opener.
TB12's return to the Northeast and facing his former team and coach will be on SNF or MNF in October.
You’re probably right.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Always better to get tom brady early in the year , except this year everyone is returning so their may not be the normal first couple weeks adjustment he used to go through !

BUT, having said that hell yeah ! let's see where we are as a team , and get a gut check early and see what we are working with ! If the boys don't come out the gate fired up for this one it will be very disappointing

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I don't even care.
Bring on the first foe and let's go to battle.

Are we analytical mice, or are we men?!

Let's go to war and see what our troops are made of!

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I love my team and I may get killed on the board for this but.

Why? The team and I hate to say this that should be opening up with the Bucs is the WFT. They played them tough in the playoffs. The WFT made the playoffs the Bucs made the playoffs we did not but we are showcased as if we did. Things like this give your delusional owner the idea that we are box office. We are like a big breasted secretary whos bad at her job all show no substance.

Dallas IS box office. Even when we lose our games are the top watched games of the week.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score

If It makes you feel any better they only play 4 teams after that who are above average. Really easy schedule. Easiest one since 2016. For sure. Dallas might have a good season hopefully.

Last edited:

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It's an ok defense and defenses like that don't necessarily carry over from year to year.

I'm a lot more worried about Brady throwing for 400 yards and 4 TD's.
You mean them rushing for 400 yards.... granted they went after some rush defenders in the offseason but until we see improvement it could be a slow start on defense as they get another scheme change 3 years in a row

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Might as well since our team seems to be hurt by week 3, at least this way we can maybe be somewhat full strength.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You mean them rushing for 400 yards.... granted they went after some rush defenders in the offseason but until we see improvement it could be a slow start on defense as they get another scheme change 3 years in a row
yeah it could be the run or the pass , either way for 400yds lol.

Although in past dallas usually plays good in the first game.

lukin2006

Reaction score
How stupid. 0-1 coming up. They should be playing a division rival…not us to open the season…

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Who do you most want to see challenge the Bucs to open the 2021 NFL season?

Marc Ross: This is a no-brainer. It has to be the Dallas Cowboys. Despite their suspect on-field results over the past several years, they are still America's Team -- they generate the biggest TV audiences and are the world's most valuable sports franchise. The much anticipated return of Dak Prescott from injury facing off against the G.O.A.T. Tom Brady would make this matchup must-see TV and a ratings bonanza for the NFL.

Hardline

Reaction score
We will open the season on the road against the Giants and you will like it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who do you most want to see challenge the Bucs to open the 2021 NFL season?

Marc Ross: This is a no-brainer. It has to be the Dallas Cowboys. Despite their suspect on-field results over the past several years, they are still America's Team -- they generate the biggest TV audiences and are the world's most valuable sports franchise. The much anticipated return of Dak Prescott from injury facing off against the G.O.A.T. Tom Brady would make this matchup must-see TV and a ratings bonanza for the NFL.
Wonder if he realizes the NFL doesn't benefit from a ratings bonanza, especially on one game. The TV deals are already done.

Flamma

Reaction score
I started a thread about this months ago.

Most seemed to not agree if I recall correctly.

I don't see any other matchup the NFL would want.

As a Dallas fan I don't want to play them on that day.

That's exactly the day you want to play the 2021 Super Bowl Champs. The Bucs are going to peak this upcoming season. But week 1 is when you want to play them, not when they are in full steam roll mode.

Anyone can win in week 1, literally anyone. It all depends on how well your team is prepared, not always how good they are. This lasts sometimes into week 3-4. Then teams start to settle in.

A lot of the 70s, early 80s Cowboys teams opened up on fire. Landry had the Cowboys in top form week 1. The Cowboys would often start off with good records then slow down. The Cowboys weren't playing worse, the rest of the league were catching up.

If the Cowboys can beat the Bucs, it will be in week 1.