Twitter: Cowboys to release DT Poe and CB Worley if unable to find trade partner today

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It feels like these guys are getting scapegoated a bit.

These are guys that the new regime had to sign-off on. It would make more sense if the team was releasing incumbents from the previous regime.

Strange.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Message to the fanbase...
If this fanbase hasnt received the message yet, than it may be time to break out the baseball bats.
Its not about the fanbase receiving the message. Its about what Jerry and Stephen are selling. This is what they do. They are salesmen.

Creeper

Reaction score
Poe's 2020 salary is guaranteed to this is not a CAP move. Most of Worley's contract is guaranteed as well. Sounds like they care cutting these guys to make a point to the rest of the team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Trade?
No team on the way down ever trades to improve..lol
Just trades to acquire any value, futures.
We are exiting stage left,, what dont you understand at this point?
Total rebuild pending.
not even close the offense will be back in full, noones being traded therefore no rebuild IF Dak comes back.. the defense needs retooling for sure but total rebuild..not happening in Jerry World..if it was total rebuild a younger coachig stff would have been brought in..

again Daks the wild card does he play under TAG traded what can we get from him and who do we draft? lawrence will be gone so Fields and that kid from Wentz old school? if we are top 5 maybe at 6-10 even we caould go after one of them with the Dak trade..

the trade for quinnen makes sense given its DT/DL we are jettisoning and starts NOW to retool the defense..

hows releasing Jags and spare parts we added that didnt work out look like rebuild?

Dlaw, LVE, Gallimore, Anae, JSMITH, DIGGS etc all back

but for sure a defensive heavy draft and some KEY defensive FA will be in order..some real 1st day FAs..

MM isnt garett and this being done now shows he went to jerry and said i need to start 2021 now

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah its not. Worley sucking I expected it. Poe sucked last year so I should've expected it. But the vets on this team from last year...I didn't expect that and those should be some of the main cuts. These releases are scapegoat releases. I'm not against them because I feel like hungrier and younger guys should be playing anyway.

I'm in lock-step with you. I have no complaints about cutting these guys, nor the Griffen trade, nobody has been good. But the problems don't begin and end with them, they are only a PART of the problems.

Carson

Reaction score
How the hell has Thompson not been released too? He's cheap....he fits the mold of who they would cut and scapegoat.
Cheap. Special teams player. Not a bad locker room guy likely. Doesn’t hurt the cap next season

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How the hell has Thompson not been released too? He's cheap....he fits the mold of who they would cut and scapegoat.

I think that Thompson tries, and that's good enough for these guys, despite the fact that he's not good despite all of that 'trying'.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Good! Keep going.

Data-yes.gif

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bengals are trying to trade Dunlap. Any interest. If not, then teams will go for him, unless the asking price is so high. They will take Poe. :lmao2:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Until they bring in top level DT's and Safeties, I couldn't possibly care less about their damage control attempts. This FO has been one or two steps behind the obvious move to make since the mid 90's.

RS12

Reaction score
anybody else feel like the Jones famiily dont want to win anymore but just want to horde money? for years every FA they have brought has been utter trash and bottom of the barrel.most dont make it though the season and some get cut before the season starts.
Those inheritance taxes arent far off.

The Natural

Reaction score
Yeah you are in the minority....all offseason people were hyped because we finally got some DTs....they did not go cheap with McCoy, Poe and Griffey. If the Cowboys failed it was going after guys who didn’t fit the scheme. Nobody considered those moves bad.
Griffen was just a name. Nobody here watched him play last year. Same with Poe.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't get all the criticism. These guys are bums. Poe especially doesn't even play hard.

Would people rather they kept running them out onto the field?

Maverick84

Reaction score
the young guys and pS players will get shot...
if most of this is on the DL , does that mean trade for QWilliams might be in the works? or will the younger payers get shot?

wow put the guns away, I mean I know they're young, but that's no reason for anybody to get shot is it?

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
Who was it that took over free agency after McClay moved to focus on the draft? I think it was the year we signed Jasper Brinkley and some other bums in FA.

Our free agent classes have been dumpster fires ever since that move was made.

Plankton

Reaction score
With these moves, Dallas should now have over $31M in Cap Room this year and over $1M NEXT year (according to Over the Cap). So, if they don't spend much more this year, they'll have around $30M NEXT year. IF they could only find logic and cut Crawford NOW, they would have another $8M THIS year.

No they won't. Unless the players are traded, or signed as a free agent this year, the Cowboys are on the hook for their entire salary. Even then, they would be on the hook for the difference between what the Cowboys signed them for and what they signed with a new team for. Or, if the players aren't signed by another team, they can claim their entire salary for this year as termination pay.

The Cowboys get no cap relief by releasing them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.