News: Cowboys to Restructure Dak Prescott $140 Million Contract

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Anyone with a football brain in their head understands that any highly competitive team requires (3) three great personnel group resources - players, coaches, and executive management. Forum imbeciles not a must have.

And we are missing all 3. What's your point? Or are you just trying to argue?

Qcard

Reaction score
Have the Cowboys actually restructured his contract? I can't find any articles that they have.
The Deal/Contract has "triggers and levers" that get pulled should the Cowboys need ease in coming years, the day it was signed by Dakota and Jerry.

This is common knowledge amongst most sensible fans but might I add the Dak Haters have some many irons in the Cap Hell Myth:lmao2:

Expect some nondescript tweet by Jay Glazer or Tad sometime in the near future confirming this is just common language in Franchise QB Contracts.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
The Deal/Contract has "triggers and levers" that get pulled should the Cowboys need ease in coming years, the day it was signed by Dakota and Jerry.

This is common knowledge amongst most sensible fans but might I add the Dak Haters have some many irons in the Cap Hell Myth:lmao2:

Expect some nondescript tweet by Jay Glazer or Tad sometime in the near future confirming this is just common language in Franchise QB Contracts.

I understand it's very common in contracts. I was simply asking if it's happened as it would make his cap hit 18 million this year vs 35.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
New league season does not start until March so any deals or restructures taking place will likely be at the start of the 2022 NFL season.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Prescott’s 4 year deal that averages $40 million per season was written w/two void years. That allowed his signing bonus to be allocated over five years of the cap and also allows the planned 2nd year restructure.

Currently his base salary is $20 million w/a cap hit of $34,450,000. A restructure could bring his base all the way down to $1 million, w/the other $19 million spread from 2022 through 2026 even though he’s only under contract through 2024. Savings, $15.2 million. Voila, the Cowboys are already under the 2022 cap.