News: Cowboys to Restructure Dak Prescott $140 Million Contract

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just a reminder that next season we are going to be seating home watching other teams playing in their respective conference championships. And like always Dallas planning for the future...
Thanks, but didnt need the reminder.

rambo2

Reaction score
Lol, this contract was signed a long time ago. They have been doing this for years which gets them under the salary cap and sign a complete roster like the outstanding roster they had in 2021. We have a lot of idiots posting here. Some of you need to actually read the article or watch the Fish report on youtube. He explains very well, but you actually have to listen.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s going be many fans happier than you when the Cowboys are stuck looking for a QB. You’ll relish the moment seeing the team end up like Washington or one of these other teams that are stuck with a castoff.

You’re right. I love being really bad or really good. Being in the middle is the worst spot to be in.

rambo2

Reaction score
LOL, at some point it gets boring to see the sheer ignorance on CZ
Since you claim that you aren't ignorant. How about explaining how this restructure was in the original contract that was signed a long time ago and how it works. How it kicks in and how it helps the team get under the cap.

Bigdog

Reaction score
No, they’re converting his salary to a bonus. Meaning he gets the same money but it’s prorated over the next 5 years instead of all hitting the cap this year. Saves cap now, but makes it much much harder to move him, so it assures he’ll be a cowboy for years
I know I was being sarcastic. After reading what I wrote I probably should have said that. My fault.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You’re right. I love being really bad or really good. Being in the middle is the worst spot to be in.

With your approach you would be really bad all the time always looking for a QB. It’s a lot shorter distance to the top being in the middle. The Cowboys are a lot closer to the top than the bottom with the QB they have. Without him this season we would’ve been a lot closer to the bottom.

rambo2

Reaction score
With your approach you would be really bad all the time always looking for a QB. It’s a lot shorter distance to the top being in the middle. The Cowboys are a lot closer to the top than the bottom with the QB they have.
It is ironic because the Dak contract gives the Cowboys a lock on having one of the best qbs in the NFC for several years, which is something that every team would want.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It is ironic because the Dak contract gives the Cowboys a lock on having one of the best qbs in the NFC for several years, which is something that every team would want.

As long as we have the best QB in the NFC East it gives us a chance every year.

Forneymike

Reaction score
We don’t need a rebuild. The problem is we will probably just let good players go and try to build a cheap team around Dak.

Eventually Parsons will be the highest paid Non-QB in the league though.
His cap number after the restructure is 17 million. You aren’t getting a decent QB for less than that. Daks cap number isn’t impacting any ability to do what they want no matter how many times it’s said by the math dunces on this board