News: Cowboys to Restructure Dak Prescott $140 Million Contract

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Every single multi year Cowboy contract is designed to be restructured if needed to lower the cap hit. And every time it happens, some of y’all are surprised.

Negotiations aren't necessary with the agent and/ or the player. Dallas just sends a letter to the agent and the NFL FO, then deposits a check in the appropriate account.

visionary

Reaction score
Since you claim that you aren't ignorant. How about explaining how this restructure was in the original contract that was signed a long time ago and how it works. How it kicks in and how it helps the team get under the cap.

Once again, people who see the tree and not the forest

did I mention stupidity and ignorance on CZ?

:facepalm::facepalm:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
But team sources tell CowboysSI.com that part of the construction of the deal, when executed, will give Dallas about $16 million in 2022 cap relief.

Hey, that might be enough to retain Randy Gregory.

Pass rushers dont grow on trees!

Cowboys!
I'd rather pay Chandler Jones on a fat one year deal. You just can't trust Gregory....not after that playoff meltdown.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Theres a simple way to solve the salary cap problem.
Pay players league minimum contracts and hire them to sweep your driveway and take out the garbage for millions of dollars as a side job.
That's s clear eyed view

NotForLong

Reaction score
This seems like a good thing and It seems Dak is a team player willing to help us save cap room.

I’m not shocked Dak continues to get all the criticism he gets, and he does need to grow and play better, however he is a really great QB. Elite QBs don’t come around very often. I stay humble to that because I remember the QB search after Aikman, Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, drew Henson, Bledsoe, & Vinny. I see other franchises struggle for years in that search, bears, skins for example.

I think we can win with Dak, he passes the eye test and he has had record breaking numbers, and has dominated the division. I think he can only get better. Every great QB had a slump this season or bad games we just had a bad game on our first Playoff game, it really sucks but it happens, look at Rogers.

I just hope we can continue to get Dak great coaching and development, and clean up the penalties and time management.
Excuse me . . I just threw up in my mouth

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
It is ironic because the Dak contract gives the Cowboys a lock on having one of the best qbs in the NFC for several years, which is something that every team would want.

OMG...did you just call Kirk Cousins (DAK) one of the best QBs in the NFC.....WTH....Come on now,.....Tell me what has DAK EVER ONE....in College he was JAG...in the NFL he is a Kirk Cousin protege .....Dude cant win BIG GAMES...well let me correct myself...that is unless its agains the WFT, NYG or Philly....

Just what has your best QB in the NFC won .....in the last 6 freaking years.

csirl

Reaction score
His cap number after the restructure is 17 million. You aren’t getting a decent QB for less than that. Daks cap number isn’t impacting any ability to do what they want no matter how many times it’s said by the math dunces on this board

It doesnt matter what his cap figure is. Even if he plays for free. Not good enough is not good enough.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
We need to make a another move to get the funds for that extension. We were already over the cap by 12 million. The cap Dak restructure just takes care of the contracts we already were committed to; we still don’t have any spending money.

csirl

Reaction score
I get that their win numbers were inflated by a weak division etc. etc., but the idea of a third-seeded team switching to rebuild mode (esp. when there's a decent chance the first and second seeded teams will lose their HOF QBs) is absurd.

The Rams were in a similar situation before this season. They've shown us the answer, which is pull of whatever deal you need to do to get an elite veteran in and the not quite good enough QB out.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This was ALWAYS going to happen......from the day he signed it. Aikman and Romo's contracts were structured the same way. Not why anyone would be surprised.......

Stephen structures his QB contracts like lines of credit..........

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Too late for that.

I suggested getting Tom Brady on a 2 year deal and letting Dak walk.. We’d be sitting nice right now.

I don’t know what this team is going to do really lol. They need a Super team to compete with all these juggernaut QBs. Luckily a lot of them play in the AFC.
Brady was never coming to Dallas. You know this. Brady would eat up Jerrah’s spotlight. Thats not happening.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys_gravestone.width-704.png