Twitter: Cowboys to sign Cameron Fleming

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sign bowman, trade for Earl and draft Jerwin...

Welcome to the Superbowl
Agree..go get Bowman.. the dude is still a stud. Thomas..sure...but for the right price. Jerwin James wont be there at 19. Give me Ronnie Harrison at 50 IF WE WANT A SAFETY.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If they want Thomas, that means cutting Bryant and possibly restructuring more contracts.

He has made it clear, he wants big money. That little chase down the tunnel is not nearly as important as people think.

that

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
No worries. This just means Fleming hasn't put pen to paper yet.

The Cowboys have been negotiating with Fleming since Monday or Tuesday it seems; plenty of time for his agent to gauge another team's interest if they have any.
This Deal Is Done..Wouldn't Have Restructure Wittens Deal

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup..he's a stud. Read the report. This guy makes the team better.

This was sort of interesting.

If Fleming is a prototypical NFL right tackle: "I think he is. I don’t have any idea what the Patriots plan on doing with him. A lot of teams were very curious to see if he could kick inside because you see those massive interior defensive linemen, those 320-, 330-pound guys sometimes, and he would be one of those guys that could go nose-to-nose with those guys. If you’re going to play (Fleming at) tackle, absolutely right tackle, but I know some people talked about -- not the Patriots per se -- kicking him inside at guard and see if he can be a road grader at the guard position."

sdfidaho

Reaction score
This was sort of interesting.

If Fleming is a prototypical NFL right tackle: "I think he is. I don’t have any idea what the Patriots plan on doing with him. A lot of teams were very curious to see if he could kick inside because you see those massive interior defensive linemen, those 320-, 330-pound guys sometimes, and he would be one of those guys that could go nose-to-nose with those guys. If you’re going to play (Fleming at) tackle, absolutely right tackle, but I know some people talked about -- not the Patriots per se -- kicking him inside at guard and see if he can be a road grader at the guard position."

It would be great if you could. Would love the flexibility of him and Collins

d_cowboy31

Reaction score
We damn well better go defense with our first two picks now. Enough offense already. It was the least of our problems last year (besides a competent swing tackle).

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We damn well better go defense with our first two picks now. Enough offense already. It was the least of our problems last year (besides a competent swing tackle).
Our offense was what killed our season when Zeke got suspended. No Zeke and our offense was historically bad

stiletto

Reaction score
We've upgraded a couple of positions that had severe deficiencies the last two days. Makes me think the draft will go heavy on Defense again which I certainly won't mind.

d_cowboy31

Reaction score
Our offense was what killed our season when Zeke got suspended. No Zeke and our offense was historically bad

No. The bigger problem was when Tyron went down. It was definitely a big issue having zero talent at swing tackle, but the bigger issue was lack of adjustments by our coaching staff. They continued to line up and play offense the exact same way that we did with Tyron and Zeke.

Our offensive personnel was absolutely not the problem last year....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Our D got throttled by DEN, LA, ATL and PHI

Sadly, we had troubles at different times on both sides of the ball. That's why the offense couldn't just be left as it was.

Defense IMO showed more promise with Irving looking great in the eight games he played, Lawrence being a beast, Jaylon and Charlton both showing some promise and the rookie defensive backs looking like they'll be sold starters. That doesn't mean we don't have areas where we need to improve our starters and depth, but just that there's hope for that unit while the offense was supposed to already be built and took a step back.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No. The bigger problem was when Tyron went down. It was definitely a big issue having zero talent at swing tackle, but the bigger issue was lack of adjustments by our coaching staff. They continued to line up and play offense the exact same way that we did with Tyron and Zeke.

Our offensive personnel was absolutely not the problem last year....
Im not gonna argue with the coaching. It was terrible. But we do also lack talent at the skill positions.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
SWEET!!!! I'm loving the moves right now! Glad our FO stayed patient. This means we can move Collins back to LG, and it frees us up to go defense at 19. My hope is that it's Rashaan Evans, Vita Vea (highly unlikely), or Derwin James that we're getting.