Twitter: Cowboys to sign OL Marcus Martin

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Why take an OL at #19? If there's a good defensive player there then that should be the pick.
It allows us to go BPA.
If that's defense then fine, but only if the guy is a better player.
Martin isn't that good a player to stop you picking OL

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Broaddus did an evaluation of him and he's similar to the 1st year of Leary. He is big, very big and strong armed. He can move people. If he were
to work hard and remold his body type similar to the way Leary did, we might have something. Broaddus said that if he gets his hands on you, you are
stopped dead in your tracks.

Then people can go back to shouting trade Leary. I mean Martin.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Looney is gone...its a nice depth signing for cheap...smart contract...McClay is on a roll. Watch for Bowman next...a 1 year incentive laden deal?
I don't see why they can't sign Looney as well. He's a quality backup at G and C and shouldn't cost much. Marcus Martin might end up taking that same backup spot but he does have potential to start.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I don't see why they can't sign Looney as well. He's a quality backup at G and C and shouldn't cost much. Marcus Martin might end up taking that same backup spot but he does have potential to start.

The Cowboys are likely to only keep 9 linemen, maybe even 8. So right now it's

TSmith
LCollins
TFrederick-MMartin
ZMartin
CFleming

Hopefully we still go out and sign a cheap OT, since I assume CFleming will switch to LOT when TSmith misses time. I'd rather LCollins stay at guard, for continuity's sake, and a vet like Sam Young can fill in at ROT. That would leave 2 spots, which hopefully would go towards developmental guys that could become starters down the road.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Signing 2 OL's this week probably means you can scratch the Cowboys drafting one in the first two days of the draft. I'm perfectly fine with that. Signing Martin is another solid move by the Cowboy FO.

I give this weeks OL additions a solid: :thumbup:

glimmerman

Reaction score
Signing 2 OL's this week probably means you can scratch the Cowboys drafting one in the first two days of the draft. I'm perfectly fine with that. Signing Martin is another solid move by the Cowboy FO.

I give this weeks OL additions a solid: :thumbup:
Yeah unless one falls to us thats a no brainer, then I could see us grabbing one.

vicjagger

Reaction score
We like it when we have a bunch of guys with the same last name. Smith, Martin, Collins, etc.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I would hope this signing does not preclude the team from ignoring the obvious value of the interior OL in this draft.

There is value all the way into the third round, much like the DB class last year.

He is not the caliber of player that makes you check off his position/role off your wish list. If he is, you really overvalued his abilities.