Twitter: Cowboys to sign OL Marcus Martin

Silverstar

Reaction score
If we release Hanna, shouldn't that free up another 2.7 million?

We could use that to go after Bowman on a 1 or 2 year deal.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well, if that's the case, I'd say that Fleming is the swing tackle and as I type this, that Marcus Martin is the current starting left guard.

Those would be my assumptions based on that information about Collins anyway.
my thoughts as well

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Camp fodder or hopeful depth?

If he’s past his health issues he should provide solid depth, and can backup at both OG an C. He may even have some chance to start at LG, but it obviously remains to be seen if he can compete for that.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Depth signing. Sort of a Looney replaceent. Plays all three positions on the line. Rumors are we'll sign Flemming too. Anyone seen anything official on that?

Carson

Reaction score
Excellent signing,

Former starter, former center/guard. Good depth pick up. Can play in a pinch so a rookie does not have to.

FO is killing it,

Don’t want to be greedy but a MLB would go from a B to an A+

GMO415

Reaction score
Broaddus did an evaluation of him and he's similar to the 1st year of Leary. He is big, very big and strong armed. He can move people. If he were
to work hard and remold his body type similar to the way Leary did, we might have something. Broaddus said that if he gets his hands on you, you are
stopped dead in your tracks.
Sweet! Thanks

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I don't think hes in our plans
Broaddus claimed they almost re-signed Looney yesterday because it looked like Martin wasn't going to sign. Makes sense to me to take Looney to camp if he's still cheap. His previous contract was only 2 yrs $1.675 including $100K SB. Martin winning the starting job or an injury happens, then we're wishing Looney was still around to backup.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Haven’t seen anything officially yet but supposedly done.

Thanks Glimmer. None of the players signed will be perfect. We all know that. Name me a perfect player other than Romo:rolleyes:. We filled some big needs in FA. If I'm evaluating all the NFL teams moves in FA, my personal evaluation (biased and meaningless) would put the Cowboys close to the top for filling needs and doing it economically. I'll leave my accolades for the players signed until I see them play. Now, it's on to the draft where we can add LB'ers, possibly a T or G, WR, TE, BPA available even.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard that same thing from Broaddus during his recent Periscope segment.

With a signing like this, it makes me wonder now whether or not they have any plans to move Collins back to guard and start Fleming at right tackle.

They may feel that Martin can play the left guard position and Collins will stay at right tackle, and Fleming would be the upgrade at swing tackle that the team needed.

It sure gives them options over what they had. Put the best 5 out there as they say.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Thanks Glimmer. None of the players signed will be perfect. We all know that. Name me a perfect player other than Romo:rolleyes:. We filled some big needs in FA. If I'm evaluating all the NFL teams moves in FA, my personal evaluation (biased and meaningless) would put the Cowboys close to the top for filling needs and doing it economically. I'll leave my accolades for the players signed until I see them play. Now, it's on to the draft where we can add LB'ers, possibly a T or G, WR, TE, BPA available even.
If we could score a safety before the draft we would be set up for the draft. Just keep JJ away from the booze until the 6th round. Lol. No gambles with our 2nd rounder. With signing Hurns I wonder if we take Ridley if he falls to us now. We may take BPA at position of need. Would love to see us get a big nasty DT to push the middle but we never do. Another descent FA signing and we are in the cat bird seat. We are improving this year.

remdak

Reaction score
Broaddus claimed they almost re-signed Looney yesterday because it looked like Martin wasn't going to sign. Makes sense to me to take Looney to camp if he's still cheap. His previous contract was only 2 yrs $1.675 including $100K SB. Martin winning the starting job or an injury happens, then we're wishing Looney was still around to backup.
I want Looney around for his impersonation of Zeke.:D

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
they purged the WRs, now they are purging the OL.
Not really purging the OL. Outside of the starters, only Chaz Green, Kadeem Edwards and Jarron Jones were under contract.

There still should be a pick at least thrown into the mix if they were smart.

With as much money as the Cowboys have invested in the starters, they would be better off with rookie depth for balance purposes going forward.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Not really purging the OL. Outside of the starters, only Chaz Green, Kadeem Edwards and Jarron Jones were under contract.

There still should be a pick at least thrown into the mix if they were smart.

With as much money as the Cowboys have invested in the starters, they would be better off with rookie depth for balance purposes going forward.
You don't think we will see turnover on the OL, aside form the loss of Cooper?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Broaddus did an evaluation of him and he's similar to the 1st year of Leary. He is big, very big and strong armed. He can move people. If he were
to work hard and remold his body type similar to the way Leary did, we might have something. Broaddus said that if he gets his hands on you, you are
stopped dead in your tracks.

Birddog26 also was pretty positive about him after reviewing tape.