Cowboys to visit with WR Randall Cobb

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The real comparison should be Randall Cobb to Allen Hurns
No it shouldn't. Allen Hurns wasn't a starter last year. Or he wasn't all year anyway. Beasley was our slot last year and if Cobb is who's suppose to replace him? That's a accurate comparison. I don't really care what Cobb did with Green Bay. Everyone had a down year last year including Rodgers.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Just kickin’ the tires to try and get a good deal. Cobb can still block, and whether he’s very good or underwhelming, it’s a smart signing. You fill spots and depth before the draft. Then if the draft falls our way and we get a young stud, you can always release a guy if you didn’t give him a boatload of guaranteed money.

Carson

Reaction score
No it shouldn't. Allen Hurns wasn't a starter last year. Or he wasn't all year anyway. Beasley was our slot last year and if Cobb is who's suppose to replace him? That's a accurate comparison. I don't really care what Cobb did with Green Bay. Everyone had a down year last year including Rodgers.

I’m very pro Randall Cobb.

But I’ve seen multiple reports that are pro Cobb and others pro Beasley.

I’m at the point ... who offers us more in the slot this year? A slower Cobb or a banged up Hurns? Who helps us win more games and helps Dak succeed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Whoa. I didn't know Cobb was only 28. Wow...I thought he was mid 30's by now....seems like he's been in the league awhile. He should not be at the tail end of his career unless injuries are the cause.

Mr_437

Reaction score
If I was player I wouldn't even bother coming to Dallas during Free Agency...just gonna get lowballed
Cowboys shouldn't even bring anyone in if they're not gonna give players a real contract offer instead of an insult.

Agents should get numbers before they even go to DAL unless it's a leverage play by agents.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no issues bringing him in but has anyone actually watched him last year? Did he look broken down?

He seemed fairly productive in 2017. If you get the 2017 version to go with Gallup and Cooper and Hurns comes back healthy, that's not a terrible 1-4 at WR.

I don’t recall noticing how he looked, but he did miss 7 games last year due to various injuries.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Is that last year?? You do know that Cobb didn't play in 7 games right? Of course his numbers will be lower.

He still sucked in the games he played. 142 of his yards came in one game, his injuries play a part in why he's never lived up to the hype in Green Bay.

People who hated Beasley will hate Cobb even more.

Carson

Reaction score
So how long until they report him and Geathers left and they will look for cheaper options?

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm not opposed to Cobb. A solid veteran for the slot. Certainly like him more than Hurns