Cowboys Top 5 All Time List

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by quickccc, Jun 23, 2022.

1. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

20,099 Messages
    17,403 Likes Received
    Bozo the Coach cost us the NFC Championship with a personal foul penalty. What coach does that?

2. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    33,213 Messages
    28,898 Likes Received
    Like most of us, you are a prisoner to your own age. With the exception of the obvious legends, the older players don't get a fair assessment with you.

CaptainCowboy12 likes this.
  3. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

45,979 Messages
    30,646 Likes Received
    None that were accurate. All you have to do is go watch a youtube video of Walkers highlights. He is not a one cut guy. And he has great vision.

4. Preoccupied

Preoccupied Well-Known Member

731 Messages
    816 Likes Received
    This.

When I want to post in a thread but arrive late to the forum and see the final nail in the coffin already said , happens a lot.

Whyjerry likes this.
  5. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

11,027 Messages
    9,318 Likes Received
    Nope .. you're still 0 for 7 at the FT line .... LOL !

i watched Hershel as far back as his days at Georgia when he was setting NCAA rushing records .. into USFL and NFL .
    And i never thought there would ever be an draft prospect with just awesome combination of size, world class speed, and power
    ..until Bo Jackson eventually came along.

Because Herschel was Not an adept cut back runner, that made him easier to control to stop .. get him to stop his feet and momentum, shoulders
    square to the line and you have a better chance at containing him.
    He didn't possess the elusiveness, vision and agility

You do realize what we both see as Herschel run style is opinion based, right ? You see it as left, while i see it as right..
    you see Zeke as one way ...other gonna see it as another ...

If Herschel was as immense as you're trying to make him out to be ... then Jimmie would have never sought to trade him
    He was a very fine player .as i have said before, it's a reason why i thought of him as No.4 on my l top 5 list. . .but he wasn't a Hall of Famer ...

6. quickccc

11,027 Messages
    9,318 Likes Received

https://vault.si.com/vault/1996/08/...ve-humbled-by-the-many-hard-hits-he-has-taken

" And that was only part of the problem, according to Walls. "We could
    see right away Herschel wasn't that fluid or nimble," he says.

"He couldn't turn the corner on sweeps or swing passes. He
    couldn't dictate the game the way Tony did or Emmitt does.

He was more like a big brute who could run like hell if he got
    through a hole. I guess he could just run over guys in college
    football or the USFL, but this was the NFL."

Publicly, Landry tried to sell the concept of a dream backfield
    of Heisman winners Dorsett and Walker. Privately, he told his
    coaches, "Let's try to figure out what to do with Herschel." A
    shoulder injury from his college days seemed to make Walker
    tentative on plunges.

He ran robotically upright and reduced his gait to choppy steps if he sensed any traffic in the hole.
    "Tippin'," the players call it. Tiptoeing. "

7. CowboyRoy

45,979 Messages
    30,646 Likes Received
    No I just see Walker as the much better back then Zeke. Which he certainly is. Even the numbers show that.

But I will let you enjoy this video of Walker, just as a Cowboy showing his cut back ability. Rarely seen Zeke do anything of this nature. Heck, Zeke can barely get to the edge these days.

Herschel Walker Cowboys Highlights - YouTube

Man that seam pass from Aikman to Walker for the TD and the speed is incredible. Zeke cant do that in his dreams.

Plays there where Walker cuts back across the whole field. Consistently jump cutting and making guys miss.

But look at this one with Emmitt. Best vision I have ever seen. Emmitt is the best Cowboy of all time.

(50) Emmitt Smith's "Mr. Consistent" Career Highlights | NFL Legends - YouTube

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    quickccc likes this.
  8. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

8,541 Messages
    5,905 Likes Received
    So who is #3 then? List is pretty short.

9. Jarntt

Jarntt Well-Known Member

1,479 Messages
    1,688 Likes Received
    Best and Favorite are two very different things for me

10. Mk2_Cowboys

Mk2_Cowboys Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    1,708 Messages
    2,240 Likes Received
    Romo > Dak every day of the week and twice on Sunday . This organization totally wasted his career.

11. Mk2_Cowboys

Mk2_Cowboys Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    1,708 Messages
    2,240 Likes Received
    Jason Garett does not belong on any list except worst ever .

Whyjerry likes this.
  12. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

11,949 Messages
    19,092 Likes Received
    In my opinion...

Tom L
    Jimmy J
    Bill P
    Barry S (I know but the guy won a SB)
    Wade P
    Mike M
    Chan G
    Jason G
    Dave C

13. quickccc

11,027 Messages
    9,318 Likes Received
    and of course,..as i've always said ..It's a reason why they call ;em ..."Highlights "...LOL
    so I think let 'YOU ' enjoyed the Walker highlights...since you seem so determined to upsell him as much as you are,,

BTW, i know by now that you read the clip quotes from former teammate Everson Walls on Herschel..as why he was ' limited' ,
    and termed him as ...".Not fluid or nimble, ..can't run sweeps,.. upright and tippy toed ,.. "

14. CowboyRoy

45,979 Messages
    30,646 Likes Received
    He could definitely run sweeps, you saw some on the clip. He runs upright and tippy toed? LOL So what? He ran over you tipping toeing and ran by you upright? Who cares?

Whatever you want to say Walker was, the guy was a much better RB then Zeke no doubt. Better pass catcher, could return kicks, faster, quicker, ran over people and around people better. There isnt ONE thing I can say Zeke did better.

Emmitt simply was the best!!

Again, Emmitt makes Zeke look like a turd and you could look at stats and they are also similar in the beginning.

quickccc likes this.
  15. quickccc

11,027 Messages
    9,318 Likes Received
    LOL .. .exactly what i'd figured you say sumthin' like that. Not even views and comments from fellow teammates could convince you otherwise.
    It's just how you are gonna see it ... see him,.. and force yourself to believe it otherwise

Just about every player has " highlights " available on YouTubes... heck Julius Jones of the world had highlight reels. its' gonna show you the wow plays
    and the pluses - never the minuses. it's not gonna give you a full game reel,.. just bits and pieces of his best looking plays ... but go ahead and indulge yourself.

and i see how you're right back to jumping down and flaming zeke again as it seems your private mission.. .again go ahead and indulge

16. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

27,186 Messages
    19,669 Likes Received
    sorry BP is way down dude

loser left early gave up and quit. He has no SB with us and i believe hes the reason we also didn't get SP when he abruptly left. If planned better SP could have simply taken over but BP made sure that didn't happen ef that ex nYG giant awesome person.. he also had TR holding after long drive with sweaty arms and suspect wd40 kicking ball lol. BP may have put us back on track but imagine if panned right Sp takes over and finishes helping put Romo over the top.

Barry won SB also went toi B2B NFCCG sure with jimmys teams but who cares hes third no matter how much you hate the guy, MM will overtake wade..

CowboyRoy likes this.
  17. CowboyRoy

45,979 Messages
    30,646 Likes Received
    The significance of the highlights are they disprove your laughable nonsense that he can't run sweeps and is a one cut back. HE is running sweeps, killing it and cutting back across the entire field on some of those runs.

You can find whatever little nonsense you want or make up limitations. Herschel Walker was one of the best RB's of all time in football. Much better than the slow and limited Zeke. Not even close to be honest.

Love the Cowboys, but I am a football fan first and Walker was one of the best. Whether he played 6 years in the USFL doesnt change any of that.

18. CowboyRoy

45,979 Messages
    30,646 Likes Received
    I see now why you selectively cut out part of the quote from Walls. It was clear he had a beef with Walker. Walls saw Walker as the end of Dorsette who he loved and feels he ran Landry out of town. LOL

Which makes sense why he would say some BS about him.

Looks like your big evidence just got busted wide open. LOL

Back to the drawing board eh?

Dorsett, arguably the Cowboys' best running back until Smith
    arrived in Dallas, was traded to the Broncos in 1988. "Going
    with Herschel was the beginning of the end for [coach] Tom
    Landry," says Walls.
    "It wasn't that anyone had anything
    personal against Herschel, " And but our chemistry was broken up.
    that was only part of the problem, according to Walls.

quickccc likes this.
  19. CowboyRoy

45,979 Messages
    30,646 Likes Received
    Honestly.............I saw the game again today and I dont know what I was thinking. Aikman was terrible in that game. One of his worst. Cowboys needed Aikman to be the man, throw it 50 times for once and lead them to victory and he couldnt do it. Not even close.

1 TD and 3 picks? Horrible. Terrible pick to Deion and he had some bad throws.

They also threw up a stat during the game that Aikman hadnt thrown a 4th Qtr TD in 32 games. LOL

Just goes to show the guy barely had to do anything to win. Just hand it off to Emmitt.

20. CowboyRoy

45,979 Messages
    30,646 Likes Received
    Yep, Bill Parcells was a complete joke of a coach when he was here. And when he finally had a QB he could win it all with, the guy up and quits? Total chump.