Cowboys Trade Ben Bass to Patriots in exchange for CB Justin Green***Merged***

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
I wasn't impressed with Bass. He was talked about, but hasn't shown anything. Similar to Crawford. Show me something first, then I'll buy into the hype.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Jason Hatcher was pimping him last year.

And a lot of things are being taken out of context. Would you rather have Ben Bass who was going to make the team with D-Ware, Spencer, Ratliff and Hatcher all set to be on the team....or would you want some guy off the street that only made the team because he was a warm body?

But no...we would rather promote revisionist history and make up claims that Ben Bass was going to be an All-Pro, which nobody ever said.

YR

I never said anyone claimed he was going to be an all-pro. But thanks

visionary

Reaction score
My first thoughts on hearing about the trade :

1. It is a good thing he went to an AFC team so we won't have to feel his wrath until the SB

2. I pity the AFC teams who have to face this dominant defensive force week after week

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yeah sure. Truth is that you are full of it.

A few thought he might amount to something and you and a few others had to poo poo on that idea and still are doing it.

Lord forbid a few Cowboys fans on a Cowboys message board show a little hope that a nobody player might do something for the team without you and some others ripping on them and making a bunch of lame snarky jokes about it over and over.

Nobody in those threads thought he was going to be great player and only one person mentioned probowl and that was in jest. But in your world people were making him into some fake cult hero status.

You know, the funny thing is that I do the same exact thing they do... only I do it on a Commander board. (I do let them know I'm a Dallas fan though).

When you are trying to find negatives about a team and want to peeve off fans of that team, you tend to say that players aren't any good and then when that player get cut/hurt/traded... you tend to say that the team is going to miss him. It is the natural course of things when you're looking for negatives. Always looking for the negative angle when talking about the Commanders. Or Philly. Or NYG.

It is pretty difficult for me to fathom wanting to do that to your own favorite team.

What is crazy though is that they call themselves realists, implying that they see things realistically while the homers don't, when they are in fact skewing things just as far from reality as the guys who are always thinking positively.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Is it really so hard to believe a guy who was incarcerated may not be in the best shape? I don't think it is, but you can believe whatever you want.

Neither Brian Waters or Holland were on house arrest, followed by a stint of incarceration.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter to me either way if he can possibly be in shape or cannot possibly be in shape. I just don't care to waste that much time thinking about the guy.

I'm willing to assume he's not gonna be ready. I'm not asking you or anyone else to endorse my idea, just stating what I feel to be a reasonable assumption. If that's not good enough for you then I don't know what to tell you.

That is not what you said. You asked for examples and were given two. At least you have moved the goalpost from your original blanket dismissal. I am comfortable with saying that I don't know. I can live with uncertainty.

31smackdown

Reaction score
Well the good news is that this Green guy should get plenty of reps over the next 3 weeks. Pro day numbers make him seem more fast than quick, but I guess we shall see. Maybe he makes it up by being physical . Maybe he can be the next Kenny Gant. Can he do the shark dance?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Lol, I actually didn't quote either of them--just a "mention" with the @ symbol.

Oh that was not a criticism on your part mang. I just don't have to deal with them anymore and my experience has improved. If I want to laugh at people as they get trolled, there are much better places for that.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Oh that was not a criticism on your part mang. I just don't have to deal with them anymore and my experience has improved. If I want to laugh at people as they get trolled, there are much better places for that.

No worries, I didn't take it as such :)

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
There's only room for one Ben on this team now.

ncf_a_gardner_ps_400.jpg

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Look at that gaze. All ready to plant a seed of fear into his opponent, rake them all over the field, and then dig a hole for them to cry in.

He looks like a warrior, a viking, ruthlessly slaughtering all who stand in his way.