Cowboys tweets 1/13/19

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
And why was the defense all those minutes? Oh yeah they played like tissue paper.
Absolutely. It goes both ways. If your offense can sustain even two 7-8 minute scoring drives per half plus a little here and there and the TOP is more balanced.

Going 1 of 10 on third down really doesn’t help your TOP.

But on the flip side, if you can’t force a punt then you’re screwed as well. It goes both ways

Batman1980

Reaction score
Absolutely. It goes both ways. If your offense can sustain even two 7-8 minute scoring drives per half plus a little here and there and the TOP is more balanced.

Going 1 of 10 on third down really doesn’t help your TOP.

But on the flip side, if you can’t force a punt then you’re screwed as well. It goes both ways

The entire team pretty much played flat for almost the entire game. Goes very strongly against the narrative that they always play hard for the ginger clapper.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
The entire team pretty much played flat for almost the entire game. Goes very strongly against the narrative that they always play hard for the ginger clapper.
Well I do believe that coaching played a huge role in this defeat but I also believe that some of it was execution.

I think the Rams interior defensive line outplayed our Oline, but the coaches kept trying to run it up the middle. I think that Linehan could have thrown some more wrinkles in the game plan but at the same time we missed some open opportunities in the passing game.

So much went wrong yesterday brother

Batman1980

Reaction score
Well I do believe that coaching played a huge role in this defeat but I also believe that some of it was execution.

I think the Rams interior defensive line outplayed our Oline, but the coaches kept trying to run it up the middle. I think that Linehan could have thrown some more wrinkles in the game plan but at the same time we missed some open opportunities in the passing game.

So much went wrong yesterday brother

That 4th and 1 where they didn't even try to do anything but run into the heart of their defense was the nail in the coffin.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Remember that this team was built so the the offense was suppose to “protect” the defense and control the TOP, but as the season went on the narrative changed when everyone saw that the defense could play a little bit.

Then the narrative became that our Defense was hot and it would protect the offense. We need to work on both sides of the ball

Batman1980

Reaction score
Remember that this team was built so the the offense was suppose to “protect” the defense and control the TOP, but as the season went on the narrative changed when everyone saw that the defense could play a little bit.

Then the narrative became that our Defense was hot and it would protect the offense. We need to work on both sides of the ball

The defense is Tank, LVE and Smith with a little bit of help...plus we have no one to consistently take the ball away. Can't remember the last time we had someone who consistently forced takeaways, I think it was Prime Time in the mid 90s.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
The defense is Tank, LVE and Smith with a little bit of help...plus we have no one to consistently take the ball away. Can't remember the last time we had someone who consistently forced takeaways, I think it was Prime Time in the mid 90s.
We have some areas that we need to work on (as you stated)

1. Take aways
  2. Sacks ( we were 16th in team sacks)

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That 4th and 1 where they didn't even try to do anything but run into the heart of their defense was the nail in the coffin.

The bootleg they ran later is exactly what they should have run. Give Dak an option to pass or run. Instead, you run the same tired obvious short yardage formation that I’m sure they prepared for and you got the expected outcome.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Exactly. Most coaches are like, I don't worry about my job status and have no idea, it's not up to me. Around here they act like they decide when they are leaving.

They do, Jason has done nothing to deserve this kind of job security but he has it because this fan base has been conditioned to not expect more than what he gives us.

Kalyan

Reaction score
The gap between the 2000 Ravens defense and what we saw last night is the size of the Grand Canyon.

When you allow the most rushing yards your team has ever allowed in a playoff game - and no team has played more playoff games than you - telling the offense to "match scores" is missing what really lost the game.
I was hoping for John Harbaugh to be our next HC, he can coach up defenses and can beat Pittsburgh and NE ins their home stadiums