Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 1/16

rags747

Reaction score
Oh, here we go with stats and facts interfering with emotion and “alternative facts” again.

“The eye test” was maybe the best one I heard all season.
How was your eye test with Mahomes this year? I know how mine was.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the cleats is why nobody could stop mahomes this year. Just ask Jerry.;)

rags747

Reaction score
It was good. The point though is that I didn’t go to it as THE evaluation method after all other critiques were proven wrong with facts.
Fine, but your eyes and my eyes alone told us that Mahomes was pretty special and talented. My eyes do not do that for Dak except for his never give up spirit and leadership, for pure passing my eyes see nothing special.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Fine, but your eyes and my eyes alone told us that Mahomes was pretty special and talented. My eyes do not do that for Dak except for his never give up spirit and leadership, for pure passing my eyes see nothing special.
Lets see how he does after a full season of tape. Just like Dak.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
What about in 2016 when he played the entire season and couldn't crack 900 yards?

He knows this. Pay him no mind.

Gurley plays in a superior offensive system, that's the difference. Hopefully Jerry levels the playing field this offseason.

Nav22

Reaction score
Did your eyes see him as a top-10 QB after the Cooper trade?

If not, invest in new bifocals.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The narrative on Dak in college is the exact same narrative that Dak has in the pros. Why would that be? Asking for a friend...
Actually it isn’t. It’s just that someone told you it was and you believed it.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
So what was 2015?

Explain.
His rookie year? Okay:

2015 Rookie Todd Gurley 1,106 yards; 13 games, 4.8ypc
2016 Rookie Zeke Elliott 1,631 yards; 15 games, 5.1ypc

Zeke even sat out the last game. Could have easily had 1,800+ yards.

And because he played in Linehan system, Zeke's been the more impressive player. Imagine if Lincoln Riley took over as OC. Teams would no longer put 10 in the box - that's for sure. :laugh:

Zman5

Reaction score
This guy is an idiot.

Gurley ran for 1,100+ yards, 10 TDs, 4.8 YPC in 2015 (rookie season) in just 13 games (starting 12). McVay came onboard 2017

He sucked in his second year. 885 yards in 16 games. 3.2 YPC.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
His rookie year? Okay:

2015 Rookie Todd Gurley 1,106 yards; 13 games, 4.8ypc
2016 Rookie Zeke Elliott 1,631 yards; 15 games, 5.1ypc

Zeke even sat out the last game. Could have easily had 1,800+ yards.

And because he played in Linehan system, Zeke's been the more impressive player. Imagine if Lincoln Riley took over as OC. Teams would no longer put 10 in the box - that's for sure. :laugh:

What are you failing to compute?

Nobody is claiming Gurley is better than Zeke, so spare me with the needless fanboi defense of Zeke.

You’re trying to say McVay made Gurley.

That’s a bunk notion.

Gurley had a great rookie season under Fisher. Posting Zeke’s rookie season numbers is irrelevant. They may be superior but that doesn’t mean Gurley’s are therefore crap. Gurley’s rookie season was effectively 12 games. His first game he didn’t start and recieved just six carries. He started the remaining 12 games.

Has he excelled under McVay? Sure. But to act like McVay turned a bust into an All Pro is offbase.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
What are you failing to compute?

Nobody is claiming Gurley is better than Zeke, so spare me with the needless fanboi defense of Zeke.

You’re trying to say McVay made Gurley.

That’s a bunk notion.

Gurley had a great rookie season under Fisher. Posting Zeke’s rookie season numbers is irrelevant. They may be superior but that doesn’t mean Gurley’s are therefore crap. Gurley’s rookie season was effectively 12 games. His first game he didn’t start and recieved just six carries. He started the remaining 12 games.

Has he excelled under McVay? Sure. But to act like McVay turned a bust into an All Pro is offbase.
You lost me here. But carry on tho playa :thumbup:

conner01

Reaction score
No chance at all.

He would have to take a pay cut and walk away from one of the best jobs in college football.

If you want Lincoln Riley then you have to end this Garrett nonsense and hire him as the head guy.
HC at a major program
OC got less money and job security in the NFL
Not really a tough decision at all
He’s not coming to the NFL till he is ready to be a HC