Cowboys tweets 1/20

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He isn't going to be the offensive coordinator in 2019, either.

They're talking about him being the playcaller. What are you trying to get at here? Who are you talking about in 2014?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you honestly concerned Jason Garrett would call the same plays now as he did back then when Tony Romo was the QB?

It's an entirely different team.

Romo was a big part of the reason those former teams were pass heavy. Not only was throwing the ball typically the strength of the team, but the QB frequently audibled to passes.

Remember 2014, the last year Romo played an entire season?

He was 14th in passing yards and DeMarco Murray led the NFL in rushing yards.

Who was the head coach?

Who was not the play caller?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The refs were awful.

They are awful.

It's a huge, ugly issue which the league needs to address.

But New Orleans had the chance to win that game in the first quarter and they let Los Angeles hang around.

Maybe, but nothing absolves the refs of the way they ultimately ruined that game, and now the Super Bowl as a result.

I agree with you, the league needs to address the issue.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Maybe, but nothing absolves the refs of the way they ultimately ruined that game, and now the Super Bowl as a result.

I agree with you, the league needs to address the issue.

Is it asking too much for the NFL to have full time referees?

Is it asking too much for the NFL to not have 60 year old man trying to run around and keep up with NFL players?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it asking too much for the NFL to have full time referees?

Is it asking too much for the NFL to not have 60 year old man trying to run around and keep up with NFL players?

I thought they did institute full time refs this year? But things look worse than ever.

I do think that with all of these rules changes happening all the times, these guys don't know what they're supposed and not supposed to call anymore.

Paralysis by overanalysis.

Bluefin

Reaction score
They're talking about him being the playcaller. What are you trying to get at here? Who are you talking about in 2014?
Scott Linehan was regarded as a 'pass happy' coach when he came to Dallas and he suddenly found the need to use the running game all on his own?

The Cowboys have featured the NFL's leading rusher in three of the past five seasons, one of which was Tony Romo's final campaign.

This team is meant to run the ball. Jason Garrett will always say they want to be balanced on offense, but having a physical ground game is where it all starts.

We will get no resolution here if you only want to consider what happened the last time Jason Garrett was calling plays.

That was a completely different team.

If he does end up calling plays again, we will see if Garrett only wants to throw the ball.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scott Linehan was regarded as a 'pass happy' coach when he came to Dallas and he suddenly found the need to use the running game all on his own?

And he was still heavily criticized for how poorly he handled the running game, and how often he would abandon it. Until the day he was sent packing.

The Cowboys have featured the NFL's leading rusher in three of the past five seasons, one of which was Tony Romo's final campaign.

None of which where Jason Garrett was the play caller.

This team is meant to run the ball. Jason Garrett will always say they want to be balanced on offense, but having a physical ground game is where it all starts.

And you seem to put more sick in what someone says that what someone does.

But I do agree on what the team is "built to do", it's just been frustrating to watch coaches mishandle or outright abandon that same running game.

We will get no resolution here if you only want to consider what happened the last time Jason Garrett was calling plays.

That was a completely different team.

If he does end up calling plays again, we will see if Garrett only wants to throw the ball.

We certainly won't. Not when you want to disregard history, and what the man did when the decisions were his to make.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't know how Moore would do as OC. But I also don't get the hate. Pretty standard coaching rise into OC position. And apparently highly regarded professional and mind in the organization.

They should pick him just to see how the Crazies wail.

My thought is that he's just getting started as a coach, so why not give him a little more seasoning before moving him that far up the chain. It isn't like he's going anywhere, while it would take offering the OC position to lure in some of these other coaches who've earned a shot.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im not one bit intrigued. Not even the slightest. Not one iota lol

to get my brain off this im officially on board the dan campbell wagon

I don’t necessarily like him for OC-though I do think it’s hilarious. I just think he’s a cool dude.