Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 1/29

Carl23

Reaction score
Ha, we've all spoken of or listened to talk of Romo as a potential coach, but I think I've always thought of it as on the offensive side of the ball.

He'd be a hell of a defensive play caller.
He'd be a hell of a middle linebacker (if he had the physical attributes). Sadly, he wouldn't last a game.

Reactions: CWR

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He could be wondering many things, but I'm going to guess he passed because it has to do with either the guy coaching the team, or the guy who replaced him.

Dre11

Reaction score
In considering what Romo said about JG in the past concerning his not being one to be diagraming plays but mostly dealing with player attitudes, I'm inclined to think he might have uttered something unflattering about Garrett once again. ;)

Why is him not diagramming plays unflattering? He has an Oc.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Why is him not diagramming plays unflattering? He has an Oc.

Romo was basically suggesting that Garrett was more of an attitude guidance guy than a strategist in the views of many. It was generally seen as anything but praise. Most head coaches have a great deal of clout in determining strategy and playcalling. JG is gradually being left behind in that role. He's being seen by many as an overpaid cheerleader. Jerry does feel "comfortable" with him, however. How much longer that lasts remains to be seen. This is the last year of his contract. There's most likely a reason why his tenure hasn't been extended yet. Draw your own conclusion.

Last edited: