Twitter: Cowboys tweets 10/3

817Gill

Reaction score
You are right, but it's a shame that serviceable receivers are all we can get..
Can’t have everything. We have a top 3 offensive line and top 3 running back. We’ve also finally built some sort of defense. It’s a lot to ask of a franchise to have stars at every single position man, you gotta settle somewhere.

With the team strength being running the ball and hopefully the front 7, receiver is one of the least important positions schematically. All we need is guys who can beat 1v1 and we get what we need from our receivers. Dak only needs to throw for 230-260 for this team to be successful, a superstar WR would be severely underutilized in our offense.

Also, Gallup is going through rookie pains but I still have no doubt he will be a 1B type of guy.

817Gill

Reaction score
I think this guy could be a really good player.
I love how everyone goes crazy over not having a known 1-tech when Marinelli has proven that he doesn’t need one. Of all the things Marinelli pisses us off about, getting defensive lineman up to speed isn’t one of them. From Terrell McClain to George Selvie to Antwaun Woods and now Daniel Ross and Caraun Reid, I think it’s time we put this 1-tech worry to bed. Been a top 10 rush defense the last 2 years and are right now.