Twitter: Cowboys tweets 11/1

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
randy Gregory is either suspended or injuried he is not a very good football players

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I don't understand why people are surprised to see Amari starting on the depth chart.

At this point, if you trade away valuable draft capital and put all your eggs in essentially one basket, you want to try and win with that player from day one.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If signing Dak is a worry for them, it is a major worry for me. They shouldn’t even consider signing him unless it is for backup type of money. If Dallas plans on Dak being the starter for the next several years, I will get involved in college football until a QB change happens.
DearKlutzyCaimanlizard-small.gif

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gregory's pressure rate is much higher than Taco's.

Just thought it was interesting considering how you described them.

Gregory gets a lot of pressure but just doesn't end up with a lot of sacks. Marinelli is obsessed with running stunts which end up limiting the DEs opportunities to get sacks. A college coach that I know refers to the two players running a stunt as the crash man and the loop man. On an End-Tackle stunt, the End "crashes" inside into the blockers and the DT loops around to the outside (A Tackle-End stunt is the opposite with the DT as the crash man and the DE as the loop man).

For some reason, Marinelli seems to use a lot of End-Tackle stunts on the Right side but more Tackle-End stunts on the left side. That gives DLaw as the loop man more chances for sacks but gives Taco/Gregory less opportunities as the crash man.

Stunts are Marinelli's way of mixing up pressure without blitzing. Some offenses take advantage by running against the Cowboys stunts. If the offense can guess which stunt the defense is going to run, they can take advantage with specific run plays that exploit that stunt.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If signing Dak is a worry for them, it is a major worry for me. They shouldn’t even consider signing him unless it is for backup type of money. If Dallas plans on Dak being the starter for the next several years, I will get involved in college football until a QB change happens.

Dak is under contract for another year. They don't have to decide on giving him a contract anytime soon. They could wait until March of 2020 at which point they could Franchise him if they were not going to sign him long term.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

Well Jeff tbh you have a guys name, but a girl avi, and you’re at Victoria - meow.