Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 11/11

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'd be on board with an acquisition of Lincoln Riley, although not thrilled with the idea of JG being assigned to play calling. He was found to be wanting in his performance of that task well before Linehan ever arrived on the scene. Of course, whether or not Jerry is able to convince Riley to leave OU to take on the tough transition to cure the Cowboys' offensive woes is another matter. As I understand it, he has a pretty good thing going where he is and has already expressed an inclination in past weeks to stay put for the time being. I have my doubts he'd leave OU but perhaps we'll see.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
I'd be on board with an acquisition of Lincoln Riley, although not thrilled with the idea of JG being assigned to play calling. He was found to be wanting in his performance of that task, well before Linehan ever arrived on the scene. Of course, whether or not Jerry is able to convince Riley to leave OU to take on the tough transition to cure the Cowboys' offensive woes is another matter. As I understand it, he has a pretty good thing going where he is and has already expressed an inclination in the past to stay put for the time being. I have my doubts he'd leave OU but we'll see.

Question is, how much money and faith does he have to Oklahoma.

He is due 25 million over the next few seasons. Jerry can top that.

Idiot Garrett was given a five year, 30 million dollar deal in 2015

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Question is, how much money and faith does he have to Oklahoma.

He is due 25 million over the next few seasons. Jerry can top that.

Idiot Garrett was given a five year, 30 million dollar deal in 2015

I don't doubt Jerry would top that if he's willing to do so, although 25 mil is a pretty good deal for a program so likely to prove successful. The same can hardly be said for the HC situation in Dallas with a FO that has either compromised or fired every HC to be there in the past. I'd love to see Riley get the opportunity, though. I just have serious doubts that he'll be willing to take that risk with Dallas. I think we'll likely hear more about it, though.

Carson

Reaction score
Am i reading this right? You sack the HC and replace him with a young, dynamic coach and then re-employ the sacked HC and make him OC which was a position he was sacked from before.
Please tell me i have got that wrong.
One step forward, two steps back

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Am i reading this right? You sack the HC and replace him with a young, dynamic coach and then re-employ the sacked HC and make him OC which was a position he was sacked from before.

No -- you read it like everyone else did. Retaining JG to do something that he's already failed miserably at would be an absurd decision -- perhaps it's one that only someone like Jerry Jones might seriously consider. His attachment to JG is remarkable.

Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.:omg:

Last edited:

ryanbabs

Reaction score
The way I interpreted it was that they weighed canning Linehan in which Garrett would call plays, and also have an interest in Riley if they move on from Garrett. I think it was just all mentioned out of order.

Of course I may be wrong.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
There's nothing in that clip about the possibility of Garrett being retained as OC under a new HC.

There are two separate stories: One that Garrett won't be fired during the season but could be replaced at season's end, and another that there was talk of Garrett taking over the OC duties this season.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Right now if I'm Lincoln Riley and I get presented with the possibility of coaching Cowboys or the Browns, it should be an easy choice with Baker over Dak.

Yes but think what it would do for your career if you're the one to fix the Cowboys sinking offense.