Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 11/11

visionary

Reaction score
This is the one chance cowboy fans have of getting rid of this plague known as Jason Garrett

I'm not letting any pretend "cures" lead me astray

This disease has only one cure: surgical removal with clean margins (like you would remove any malignant growth)

GROG

Period
End of story

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this for real, not fake.
How credible you do believe this is true.

Jimbo69

Reaction score
The way I interpreted it was that they weighed canning Linehan in which Garrett would call plays, and also have an interest in Riley if they move on from Garrett. I think it was just all mentioned out of order.

Of course I may be wrong.

I really, really hope you are not.
Surely, even jerry would not contemplate this madness.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Is this for real, not fake.
How credible you do believe this is true.

I believe it's true. Jerry already rejuvenated this franchise once with a college HC and knows Riley's a big name. The questions become - is Riley interested and how much control would he have?

I also think Jerrah may be weighing keeping the clapper on as OC but Riley would probably not allow it.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Right now if I'm Lincoln Riley and I get presented with the possibility of coaching Cowboys or the Browns, it should be an easy choice with Baker over Dak.
Maybe he comes here and we get Baker here in a big trade. They can have our junk. They’re used to stuff like that going down in Cleveland.

mardwin

Reaction score
Yes but think what it would do for your career if you're the one to fix the Cowboys sinking offense.

Him winning a super Bowl with the Browns would have higher merit. The Browns haven't won a football championship since the stone age. Besides there's no fighting with the GM about who gets the credit.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe it's true. Jerry already rejuvenated this franchise once with a college HC and knows Riley's a big name. The questions become - is Riley interested and how much control would he have?

I also think Jerrah may be weighing keeping the clapper on as OC but Riley would probably not allow it.

Garrett should be relegated to Rowdy. He claps a lot.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
I really, really hope you are not.
Surely, even jerry would not contemplate this madness.
I think you misunderstood what I said.

1) Linehan is gone immediately and Garrett takes over call the rest of this year.

2) Garrett and staff fired entirely at the end of the year and there is an interest in Riley coming in.

Again, this is just the way I interpreted it.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
Am i reading this right? You sack the HC and replace him with a young, dynamic coach and then re-employ the sacked HC and make him OC which was a position he was sacked from before.
Please tell me i have got that wrong.

I don't think so. I think those are two separate things.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Right now if I'm Lincoln Riley and I get presented with the possibility of coaching Cowboys or the Browns, it should be an easy choice with Baker over Dak.
Really? You think he would pick Cleveland over Dallas. America's arm pit over America's America's team ok.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is the one chance cowboy fans have of getting rid of this plague known as Jason Garrett

I'm not letting any pretend "cures" lead me astray

This disease has only one cure: surgical removal with clean margins (like you would remove any malignant growth)

GROG

Period
End of story
Getting rid of JG and getting a aggressive HC would help us. Heck if we had a aggressive HC we would be setting at 1st place in the division at 5-3. Conservative and over all bad game management cost us 2 games this year. One was a division game.

Batman1980

Reaction score
JG was worse than Linehan about abandoning the run. If they take playcall away from Linehan than why keep him?

In that instance, Scott would be fired, probably as an attempt to placate the fans in lieu of firing the clapper. 1-4 or 0-5, both of which are likely over the next 5 games, I think Garrett is doomed regardless.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No -- you read it like everyone else did. Retaining JG to do something that he's already failed miserably at would be an absurd decision -- perhaps it's one that only someone like Jerry Jones might seriously consider. His attachment to JG is remarkable.

Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.:omg:

I am pretty sure that Garrett taking back play calling was not if Lincoln comes here as coach. I read it that Garrett may take back play calling from Linehan this season (which would make sense considering the thought about moving on from him over the bye), and if they move on from Garrett after the season Riley would be their choice.

So I am not part of your "eveyone else" thing i guess.

glimmerman

Reaction score
In that instance, Scott would be fired, probably as an attempt to placate the fans in lieu of firing the clapper. 1-4 or 0-5, both of which are likely over the next 5 games, I think Garrett is doomed regardless.
I think your right. He didn’t fire Linehan over the bye week because it’s not good timing. He has to wait till the season is mathematically over. Then use Linehan to throw under the bus to attempt to save his job.

Reaction score
Am i reading this right? You sack the HC and replace him with a young, dynamic coach and then re-employ the sacked HC and make him OC which was a position he was sacked from before.
Please tell me i have got that wrong.

No, you’re reading it wrong. Garrett could take over playcalling if retained as HC. If Riley is hired, Garrett is gone

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Game day.

Riley to Garrett: can we run the 2 min drill and get in fg range before half time.

Garrett: yes sir, clap clap clap.

Reaction score
RILEY IS NOT CHOOSING US OVER CLEVELAND. Just accept this now and don’t get your hopes up. Baker is there and he does not have to deal with Jerry/Stephen meddling in coaching and personnel decisions. He will use us to create a bidding war and that is all. Move on.