Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 11/27

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Irving is done. And yeah all of his sympathizers will say "Give the man a break!" How many breaks is an employer supposed to give an employee? They've given him plenty of time off already to deal with his personal life. At this point, this is like a regular employee who has already used up all their PTO, sick days, personal days, leave of absences, etc.

Obviously his custody issue is tricky but an employer can only work with you for so long...eventually you have to get it settled and if not, they'll wish you the best of luck and move on.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jumping in to this thread ahead of the anticipated deludge.

Admittedly, my knee-jerk reaction was, "Holy cow, can't this guy get his act together?"

After a few minutes to reflect, I genuinely feel sorry for him - doesn't necessarily mean I want him back on the team next year. It certainly appears that he has a lot going on behind the scenes and most of it not good. In that regard, I really feel sorry for him.
Yeah, we'll let him go, just like the 49ers once let one of their headaches go. Charles Haley. Granted, Haley didn't miss many games. He also wasn't tested for drugs like these guys are nowadays.
If he's cheap, keep and don't let some other team make an all pro out of him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What's David Irving had this year? 10 snaps or so? Missed all the OTA's, missed training camp, started off suspended, practiced a couple times, got hurt, and now the personal issues continue. I defended him in the beginning but if you can't help the team, why are you here? Oh yeah, you aren't here.

Team is sticking with him because of what he brings as a pass rusher. He's only played in two games this year (limited snaps) but has a sack. He had seven sacks in eight games last year.

What Irving is doing is costing him lots of money this season, but it doesn't mean that he won't be playing here next year for a minimum deal. It just means Dallas needs to look at him as a contributor at best instead of the core piece he could be if he would get out of his own way.

I won't be surprised, though, if Dallas decides to just let him be someone else's problem child next year. I just hate the waste of talent.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No OTAs. No training camp. No preseason games. Been here barely a month. Already on par with AB84. :omg:

He is worth a 1st. His play is paying dividends for Zeke too. :thumbup:
Over the same period, JuJu Smith-Schuster has 31 catches for 461. Antonio's getting less because JuJu is breaking out.

That said, a pace of 88-1400-12 is awfully good. He won't sustain that yards per catch (15.9), because 90-yard TDs don't come around very often.

Cas2800

Reaction score
Jumping in to this thread ahead of the anticipated deludge.

Admittedly, my knee-jerk reaction was, "Holy cow, can't this guy get his act together?"

After a few minutes to reflect, I genuinely feel sorry for him - doesn't necessarily mean I want him back on the team next year. It certainly appears that he has a lot going on behind the scenes and most of it not good. In that regard, I really feel sorry for him.
Is the guy still getting paid? If he is I don't feel sorry for the guy. Hes cheating the system and has been for years.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Either that or he's found that the team won't give up on him and he can do what he wants and still collect a check using a convenient excuse.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score

Hopefully Jerruh made a call or two? The Cooper trade came as a huge surprise, maybe he will surprise us again?

I don’t know yet how I feel about Kingsbury. I understand though that the college game is coming to the nfl game. I would at least like them to bring him on as a type of offensive consultant for the rest of the year and see if it is going to be a fit or not going forward. I doubt they will though.

The fact that Brandt is the one tweeting this makes me think that there might be some connection to Jones and Kingsbury though.