Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 11/28

Proximo

Reaction score
Great point. Considering they tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch, and Connor Cook...bringing in Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassell. I’d say their track record on qb evaluation leaves something to be desired.

Even Jerruh said finding Romo was a miracle.

As a league, the entire NFL is bereft of talent at the QB position. This is not a “Cowboys thing”, it’s an “NFL thing”.

The real key is to find a young QB who can be “the man” and hold onto him for a decade or more.

Just look at how many draft picks the league spends on QB’s each year vs how they turn out. It’s not good.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
This is very interesting, but disappointing:

If these balls were caught, the Dink-N-Dak narrative starts to go away IMO. Most of these drops were probably drive killers. SMH

Bigdog

Reaction score

If these balls were caught, the Dink-N-Dak narrative starts to go away IMO. Most of these drops were probably drive killers. SMH

Maybe he can't throw a catchable ball. Cut him, lol.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Great point. Considering they tried to trade up for Paxton Lynch, and Connor Cook...bringing in Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassell. I’d say their track record on qb evaluation leaves something to be desired.

Even Jerruh said finding Romo was a miracle.

It was a miracle but thanks to Sean Payton, he was found and drafted. Our FO only drafts QBs when they're desperate for one.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Old boy had dirty, stinking scrubs. Give this guy a weapon and look what happens...
Ignore that.

At the beginning of season we had youngsters, JAGS, and a good slot receiver.

Now we have a #1, still have a good slot receiver, and some of the young guys are figuring it out. And, of course, things are getting better.

Unfortunately, too many of our fans just want to put all the blame at Daks feet.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Old boy had dirty, stinking scrubs. Give this guy a weapon and look what happens...
Ignore that.
If I remember correctly, a majority of those passes were well thrown balls.....the catcher just failed at catching.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
It was a miracle but thanks to Sean Payton, he was found and drafted. Our FO only drafts QBs when they're desperate for one.

That's why I liked the Mike White pick. For a billion years, we rolled with a string of washed up scrubs like Jon Kitna or UDFAs like Rudy Carpenter besides Romo, but here we are taking flyers on guys even when we already have a starter.

There's a pretty high chance that White won't work out, but it's one of those positions you need to keep churning because QBs are such a valuable asset, even the bad or mediocre ones. In a league where Tyrod Taylor and Teddy Bridgewater cost a 3rd round pick to rent for one year, I'm find dumping 3rd-6th round picks on QBs to try and find a guy.

Nav22

Reaction score

Dak needs to have the Romo approach: get better in 1 key area each offseason.

Luckily for us, he’s made of the right stuff and has a very strong work ethic. That doesn’t guarantee anything but it means he has a good shot.

Zman5

Reaction score
I don't think it's a coincidence that 5 out of the top 6 that has the most charged sacks are 2nd and 3rd year guys.

Most of the QBs on the list are also mobile guys who'll try to extend plays with their legs which makes sense.