Twitter: Cowboys tweets 12/02

Bluefin

Reaction score
That elite D allowed a 134.4 passer rating to Favre, with none of the Vikes' TD coming off a Romo turnover.
I don't believe any team was going to go in the Triple H dome in Minny that post-season and go home victorious.

zack

Reaction score
That elite D allowed a 134.4 passer rating to Favre, with none of the Vikes' TD coming off a Romo turnover.

Wasn’t Romo harassed by their one DE all day? I seem to remember him having no time to throw the ball. It used to seem that the ball would get down the field a lot faster with Romo at QB as well as converting 3rd and long. With Dak, 3rd and 10 feels like 3rd and 35. Or is that just me??

jujoboys

Reaction score
lol. The offense had 2 OK drives the entire game. One ended with a missed FG and the other ended with a made FG. Yes the defense struggled that day but the offense did absolutely nothing to help, especially Romo who turned the ball over 3 times (1 int and 2 fumbles). The defense carried the Cowboys into the playoffs that year and the one game they were struggling some the offense and Romo were too weak to bail them out. The Dallas offense had the ball for 13 drives and only scored 3 points against Minnesota.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Wasn’t Romo harassed by their one DE all day? I seem to remember him having no time to throw the ball. It used to seem that the ball would get down the field a lot faster with Romo at QB as well as converting 3rd and long. With Dak, 3rd and 10 feels like 3rd and 35. Or is that just me??
Dak gets harassed too. Romo had 13 drives/chances against Minnesota and only put up 3 points. He threw 1 interception and fumbled the ball away twice. If people are going to criticize Dak and praise Romo then they need to really remember all of the CRUCIAL games that Romo came up small in (whether it was the fault of coaching or lack of players around him). I liked Romo and felt he could have taken us further and had more success with better coaching. A lot of people on this board act like Romo retiring is the equivalent of losing Tom Brady. What did we ever win with Romo? Before you say it is the coaches fault please remember that Dak has the same coaches.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The front 4 was great that year but the back 7 was slow. Vikings exposed that.

zack

Reaction score
Dak gets harassed too. Romo had 13 drives/chances against Minnesota and only put up 3 points. He threw 1 interception and fumbled the ball away twice. If people are going to criticize Dak and praise Romo then they need to really remember all of the CRUCIAL games that Romo came up small in (whether it was the fault of coaching or lack of players around him). I liked Romo and felt he could have taken us further and had more success with better coaching. A lot of people on this board act like Romo retiring is the equivalent of losing Tom Brady. What did we ever win with Romo? Before you say it is the coaches fault please remember that Dak has the same coaches.

Romo didn’t win anything because of the defense. Could be wrong, but he had what 2 top 10 defenses in support, 2007 & 2009. Didn’t have much of a run game for most his career either.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Romo didn’t win anything because of the defense. Could be wrong, but he had what 2 top 10 defenses in support, 2007 & 2009. Didn’t have much of a run game for most his career either.
I liked Romo and always will. However, I think there is a misconception that we would have been an incredible Superbowl contending team with Romo the last 3 years. Maybe we would based on Romo being a seasoned veteran (providing he could stay on the field after taking a hit or 2). In 2007 we had everything going in our favor. Home field advantage throughout the playoffs and a home playoff game against a team we already beat twice. What does our QB do? He takes a vacation to Cabo the week before the biggest game of his career. Do you see Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, etc taking a vacation during a playoff run? The defense holds the Giants offense to only 230 yards but our offense is so miserable they can only put up 17 points. Romo was 18-36 (50%) with 201 yards passing with 1 TD and 1 Int. You guys would bbq Dak if he went on vacation prior to a home playoff game and then played like crap and lost the game.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
Flozell Adams went down in that game. Vikings pass rush was all over him, Defense gave up 34 points. There's no QB alive that was winning that one.

slick325

Reaction score

Revisionist history by Rafa and Strum (as always). The question should be...what would Romo do with either one of the defenses ('09 or '18) and the man that came into Sunday as the League's leading rusher, Zeke Elliott? Jason Garrett in '09 was FAR from the run first HC Dallas has today. We saw what Romo is capable of doing with a run 1st offense and the League's leading rusher...finished tied for 2nd with that RB behind Aaron Rodgers in the League MVP race. Except...that '14 team had Nick Hayden, George Selvie and a bunch of other overachieving JAGs on defense.

Not surprised by Strum (who I think is fantastic btw), but Rafa...be better tomorrow (in my LeBron James voice).

zack

Reaction score
I liked Romo and always will. However, I think there is a misconception that we would have been an incredible Superbowl contending team with Romo the last 3 years. Maybe we would based on Romo being a seasoned veteran (providing he could stay on the field after taking a hit or 2). In 2007 we had everything going in our favor. Home field advantage throughout the playoffs and a home playoff game against a team we already beat twice. What does our QB do? He takes a vacation to Cabo the week before the biggest game of his career. Do you see Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, etc taking a vacation during a playoff run? The defense holds the Giants offense to only 230 yards but our offense is so miserable they can only put up 17 points. Romo was 18-36 (50%) with 201 yards passing with 1 TD and 1 Int. You guys would bbq Dak if he went on vacation prior to a home playoff game and then played like crap and lost the game.

Certainly not wise to take the trip when he did. However, you are omitting that there were two gaffes made by Patrick crayton thst would have changed the game. Oh well...