Twitter: Cowboys tweets 12/02

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked Romo and always will. However, I think there is a misconception that we would have been an incredible Superbowl contending team with Romo the last 3 years. Maybe we would based on Romo being a seasoned veteran (providing he could stay on the field after taking a hit or 2). In 2007 we had everything going in our favor. Home field advantage throughout the playoffs and a home playoff game against a team we already beat twice. What does our QB do? He takes a vacation to Cabo the week before the biggest game of his career. Do you see Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, etc taking a vacation during a playoff run? The defense holds the Giants offense to only 230 yards but our offense is so miserable they can only put up 17 points. Romo was 18-36 (50%) with 201 yards passing with 1 TD and 1 Int. You guys would bbq Dak if he went on vacation prior to a home playoff game and then played like crap and lost the game.

The Cabo criticism is second only to the backwards hat criticism in terms of the stupidity of the things Tony Romo got criticized for over the course of his career. That Giants team got hit at the right time and ran the table, barely beating us on a weirdly officiated final drive. On the way to beating a Patriots team we couldn’t have beaten that season anyway. It’s been known to happen.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The Cabo criticism is second only to the backwards hat criticism in terms of the stupidity of the things Tony Romo got criticized for over the course of his career. That Giants team got hit at the right time and ran the table, barely beating us on a weirdly officiated final drive. On the way to beating a Patriots team we couldn’t have beaten that season anyway. It’s been known to happen.

If a photo surfaces of him wearing a cap backwards while IN Cabo it would be frankly unforgivable.

Dre11

Reaction score
I don't see how they think an Eagles loss helps the Cowboys better.
Eagles have a tougher schedule than the Commanders. We beat the Eagles, we would be essentially 2 games up on them. 1 on the standings, one one the head to head, with 3 games left.

All the other games yes, agree. But if the Giants beats the Bears we would be within 1 game with 4 to go for the 3rd seed.
But I wonder if the 4th seed would still not be better for us as to what teams we would play and how it is laid out.
As the 4th seed if we win, we would go to LA, as the 3rd seed we would go to NO, if all stays the same. If we win the 1st playoff game.

Edit...make that 3 games up on the Eagles. we would be 8-5, them 6-7, plus the head to head.

Right skins need to lose.

Bluefin

Reaction score

TE is a position where most of us will be wanting to make a legit purchase this off-season.

Geoff Swain will be an unrestricted free agent, Rico Gathers remains a mystery, Blake Jarwin hasn't shown much so far and then there's rookie Dalton Schultz.

Schultz, even coming from NFL TE factory Stanford, has faced the typical rookie adjustment to the pro game. However, I did read/hear the Cardinal has some fans at the Star who absolutely expect him to impress next season.

Regardless, the position needs a new addition, just something to keep in mind when considering future roster moves.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

Agree 100 percent. As I said about 11 years ago...the Cabo trip was made by Romo before the Giants and Bucs faced each other in a wild card game.

Romo was back before the Cowboys even knew who they were going to play. So what harm did it do?