Twitter: Cowboys tweets 12/02

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree 100 percent. As I said about 11 years ago...the Cabo trip was made by Romo before the Giants and Bucs faced each other in a wild card game.

Romo was back before the Cowboys even knew who they were going to play. So what harm did it do?

Yep. The entire team had those days off. They rented a house and WATCHED FILM during their downtime. Romo, and Wit. The two toughest, most dedicated guys on that team. It had 0 to do with that loss and is an acid test for whether or not a fan is capable of being reasonable as far as I’m concerned.

Nexx

Reaction score
Flozell Adams went down in that game. Vikings pass rush was all over him, Defense gave up 34 points. There's no QB alive that was winning that one.

Romo was literally running for his life one every play it seemed.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
lol. The offense had 2 OK drives the entire game. One ended with a missed FG and the other ended with a made FG. Yes the defense struggled that day but the offense did absolutely nothing to help, especially Romo who turned the ball over 3 times (1 int and 2 fumbles). The defense carried the Cowboys into the playoffs that year and the one game they were struggling some the offense and Romo were too weak to bail them out. The Dallas offense had the ball for 13 drives and only scored 3 points against Minnesota.
Justifiably criticizing the offense's performance doesn't mean you've defended the defense's.

Great regular season defense, but you have to count ALL the games that count.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Wasn’t Romo harassed by their one DE all day? I seem to remember him having no time to throw the ball. It used to seem that the ball would get down the field a lot faster with Romo at QB as well as converting 3rd and long. With Dak, 3rd and 10 feels like 3rd and 35. Or is that just me??
Maybe I've mentioned it a time or two, but Romo was pretty good.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I don't believe any team was going to go in the Triple H dome in Minny that post-season and go home victorious.
Sports Illustrated predicted the Vikings would score 31 points, and I along with basically everybody else thought that was crazy. Could never happen against that defense.