Twitter: Cowboys tweets 12/11/18

slick325

Reaction score
What does Troy know about being a QB in the NFL? Cowherd doesnt think Dak is good. Thats all I need to know.

To be fair, how I interpret Aikman's statement is no different than how I heard Cowherd speak of Prescott as a person. Troy thinks he's a "terrific guy" and thinks "the world of him". Intangibles all off the charts on Dak.

I also think we have heard on air that it seems Aikman may agree with Cowherd when it comes to Dak's skill set. Not saying that is what Troy Aikman said, but, there were times during the game that Aikman said a mouthful about things QBs just HAVE to be able to do.

But hey...as you said, what does "Troy know about being a QB in the NFL?"

Dre11

Reaction score
Dak and Coop have developed great chemistry in short order. That stuff matters - like Big Ben giving AB a sign, or Marino and Clayton - guys on the same page can instantly adjust and make a big play.

It's especially important when Scott "stop route" Linehan is calling the plays.

It's their job to adjust routes, the OC gives plays before the D set up, it's the qb job to make the adjustments at the line. Garrett said yesterday that they give Dak that leeway.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's their job to adjust routes, the OC gives plays before the D set up, it's the qb job to make the adjustments at the line. Garrett said yesterday that they give Dak that leeway.

Thanks for explaining that to me after 45 years of football. :rolleyes:

The point was how quickly they - Dak and Cooper - have been able to get on the same page. Midseason trades don't always come together so easily.

Dre11

Reaction score
Thanks for explaining that to me after 45 years of football. :rolleyes:

The point was how quickly they - Dak and Cooper - have been able to get on the same page. Midseason trades don't always come together so easily.

No you also tried to take a shot at Linehan, my point was all qbs do that once a play is called.