Twitter: Cowboys tweets 12/11/18

HanD

Reaction score
It's not about creativity, they are creative, but when you have something that's been successful you use it most. Myself as a coach/OC have 5 bread butter plays one of which is the (smash concept) that I go to when I need a play. Now it's up to my qb to make the right adjustment if the DB plays a certain technique that either covers it or if he sees something that will exploit it.

They are predictable .a good number of players and teams have said so. Their own players are saying other teams know what they are doing. How is that creative? I'll plead ignorance but when I'm watching TV and can call a number of the plays, it is too predictable.

Maybe we define it differently but they have been calling the same okays with no adjustments for years .No adjusents for what the def is doing or for the players they have to move them around formations and change up looks to keep other teams guessing. They have a few creative plays here and there but in general to my eye it is straight forward make your guys win all their assignments instead of keeping the d on their toes.

Reactions: BAT

Dre11

Reaction score
They are predictable .a good number of players and teams have said so. Their own players are saying other teams know what they are doing. How is that creative? I'll plead ignorance but when I'm watching TV and can call a number of the plays, it is too predictable.

Maybe we define it differently but they have been calling the same okays with no adjustments for years .No adjusents for what the def is doing or for the players they have to move them around formations and change up looks to keep other teams guessing. They have a few creative plays here and there but in general to my eye it is straight forward make your guys win all their assignments instead of keeping the d on their toes.

lol...all teams know what their opponents do, we know what others teams do, how many times have you heard our defensive players say, " they didn't do anything different than we saw on tape. How do you think we beat New Orleans? We knew to put Lewis on Kamara, I call bs, the only time someone says something like that is when they stink up the joint and play like crap.

HanD

Reaction score
lol...all teams know what their opponents do, we know what others teams do, how many times have you heard our defensive players say, " they didn't do anything different than we saw on tape. How do you think we beat New Orleans? We knew to put Lewis on Kamara, I call bs, the only time someone says something like that is when they stink up the joint and play like crap.

Some plays here and there yes . To me it seems more with linehan . Obviously this could be because I follow Dallas more but I don't hear Ray Lewis and other players and media calling out other offenses the way they do ours. I don't hear other wr complaining running that route again.

Our offense rarely makes good adjustments at half if we are struggling .That isn't a strength of jg or linehan . We can't figure out a way to succeed in the redzone. We are throwing and being predictable to the point where we won't even run on the goal line. 3 okays yesterday, we throw, run Zeke once and run Dak. That was neither creative nor smart play calling .

Reactions: BAT

Dre11

Reaction score
Some plays here and there yes . To me it seems more with linehan . Obviously this could be because I follow Dallas more but I don't hear Ray Lewis and other players and media calling out other offenses the way they do ours. I don't hear other wr complaining running that route again.

Our offense rarely makes good adjustments at half if we are struggling .That isn't a strength of jg or linehan . We can't figure out a way to succeed in the redzone. We are throwing and being predictable to the point where we won't even run on the goal line. 3 okays yesterday, we throw, run Zeke once and run Dak. That was neither creative nor smart play calling .

Lol..it's Dallas, players love to talk about Dallas, have you really watch what happens in the redzone? When we hand it to Zeke down there he gets stuffed for 1 yard most the time. Yet you say we're predictable but you want to run Zeke down there, when teams know we want to run Zeke down there, what gives...lol

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
Romo had bad games like anyone but overall over the course of a season his production was almost always top 10 and in his best years top 5.

Prescott has not produced at that level since 2016 and he's due to make franchise QB money. That's why there's so much scrutiny. It's not one play here or there, it's a body of work.

I do think he's getting better week to week and I hope for the best, but the scrutiny on Prescott is warranted. This extension will be a franchise-altering decision.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like that they are starting to improvise when they see something that can be exploited. That's a good sign because sometimes the called route just isn't a good fit for what the defense is doing.
He should have kept it to himself. Makes his coach look bad and when the crap hits the fan, he may come across as a primadona.

Little Jr

Reaction score

After the saints game the dak bashing started about what he didn't do and he didnt do anything that game that helped us win, we won in spite of him. Knocked him for his 24-28 because he didn't throw for over 250 with that completion %. I said then, that helped control the clock and kept brees on the sidelines. The 11yd run on 3rd and 10 where he broke 3 tackles helped with TOP.