Twitter: Cowboys tweets 12/11/18

HanD

Reaction score
Lol..it's Dallas, players love to talk about Dallas, have you really watch what happens in the redzone? When we hand it to Zeke down there he gets stuffed for 1 yard most the time. Yet you say we're predictable but you want to run Zeke down there, when teams know we want to run Zeke down there, what gives...lol

Yes I've seen us down there .we get more fgs than I'd like . We arent efficient on the goalline. We never run him down there .you talked about doing what works right? Whatever we are doing at the goal line isn't working .sure run Zeke, spread it out, bring Conner Williams in as a te, something instead of the same Dak draw .

Reactions: BAT

Dre11

Reaction score
Yes I've seen us down there .we get more fgs than I'd like . We arent efficient on the goalline. We never run him down there .you talked about doing what works right? Whatever we are doing at the goal line isn't working .sure run Zeke, spread it out, bring Conner Williams in as a te, something instead of the same Dak draw .

That's Bs , they do he gets stuffed constantly, and they constantly get penalized down there.

Bluefin

Reaction score

It can be, but it depends on how you want to allocate the QBs pay against the salary cap.

Tony Romo never ended up with a cap number over $15M or a cap percentage higher than 10.5% until 2016 ($20.835M, 13.4% of cap), when the team had planned to leave his number alone after years of always restructuring it to create salary cap room.

It wound up biting the Cowboys in the form of $19.6M in dead money when Romo decided to retire rather than play for another team.

HanD

Reaction score
That's Bs , they do he gets stuffed constantly, and they constantly get penalized down there.

I'd love to see the percentage of zeke runs inside the 5 compared to other plays .I'm probably off but it doesn't feel like a vast majority . I remember lots of first down throws followed by Zeke runs on second then a throw or Dak run on third. Also all his runs, no spreading the d or bringing in a big package from what I remember .It makes it hard when you let the d load the box in a normal set. This is part of the creativity I see lacking .

Ken

Reaction score
Thanks for explaining that to me after 45 years of football. :rolleyes:

The point was how quickly they - Dak and Cooper - have been able to get on the same page. Midseason trades don't always come together so easily.
See Wentz and Tate as exhibit A! lol

Dre11

Reaction score
I'd love to see the percentage of zeke runs inside the 5 compared to other plays .I'm probably off but it doesn't feel like a vast majority . I remember lots of first down throws followed by Zeke runs on second then a throw or Dak run on third. Also all his runs, no spreading the d or bringing in a big package from what I remember .It makes it hard when you let the d load the box in a normal set. This is part of the creativity I see lacking .

Inside the 10. 24 passes 19 runs.