Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 12/21

Kaiser

Reaction score
Not to remind everyone how overrated he's been since getting here but man this is bad.

Collins played very well in the second half of last season, IMO its not about talent or position. Broaddus said repeatedly that he had a lot of trouble with the transition to Paul Alexander's techniques and it could be taking him some time to wash that out of his system. He is clearly capable of playing at high level, with that kind of talent (and contract) you give him a full offseason under Columbo and bring him back IMO.

WhizKid

Reaction score
iBNeVIJ.gif

Lol they're really trying to make Beasley something he's not. Dude has 2 of those 13 touchdowns and Amari hasn't been here all year. Maybe he's been significant in third down? Or is that also inflated with amari and dak's numbers

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I'll say it for the 1, 234, 562 time. HE IS NOT A TACKLE. He struggled in pass protection at G in between 2 all pros. Why anyone thought he would get better out on an island I have no clue. "But he was a all American T in college" is all I heard. Lol so was Martin, put him at T and keep Collins at G. Lol

I just dont know if theres a spot with him here, especially given his contract.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Collins played very well in the second half of last season, IMO its not about talent or position. Broaddus said repeatedly that he had a lot of trouble with the transition to Paul Alexander's techniques and it could be taking him some time to wash that out of his system. He is clearly capable of playing at high level, with that kind of talent (and contract) you give him a full offseason under Columbo and bring him back IMO.

I am not going to act like his improvement in the end of 2017 didn't happen, you're 100% correct. And it was against some pretty good competition too.

Kaiser is it fair to question if he is actually able to play at a high level? I'm not sure we've seen that yet regardless of the two positions. He improved from his former status as a bottom barrell RT, but was his improvement simply getting to average and not to the "high level" status?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Kaiser is it fair to question if he is actually able to play at a high level? I'm not sure we've seen that yet regardless of the two positions. He improved from his former status as a bottom barrell RT, but was his improvement simply getting to average and not to the "high level" status?

I would definitely call it a high level last year. I'm too lazy to look up the box scores but last year he neutralized his guy in our Division games. This year he gave up a ton of pressures in those same matchups. Last year guys like Ryan Kerrigan had good seasons but Collins shut them down, this year they look the same against Dallas as everyone else. The second half of last season is what I base my comments on.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I obviously don’t like seeing that Brown is having back spasms.

That being said. Jourdan Lewis is our best ball hawking CB.

Maybe having him play against Jameis Winston is a good thing either way?