Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 3/14

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
mike fisher just said on the fan Seattle called dallas and told them they want Dallas first round pick for thomas and that is why the deal did not happen.

whoops somehow missed the other post.

revospeed

Reaction score
I heard they’ve agreed on compensation but Earl Thomas wants a new deal first.

Fisher seems to be contradicting himself. First saying that compensation was agreed upon, but then saying the contract was the hang up, then saying that compensation was too high and that was why the deal didn't go down. More proof he's throwing mud at the wall.

What's most likely is Jerry and Stephen are sitting in their leather chairs, sipping JWB and calling it a night.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Fisher seems to be contradicting himself. First saying that compensation was agreed upon, but then saying the contract was the hang up, then saying that compensation was too high and that was why the deal didn't go down. More proof he's throwing mud at the wall.

What's most likely is Jerry and Stephen are sitting in their leather chairs, sipping JWB and calling it a night.

I don't think he was saying they said it was too high. I think he was the one saying it was too high.....but he initially didn't even post what the compensation was.....seems to be at least some smoke here though. Not sure if its a fire...yet.

Sydla

Reaction score
mike fisher just said on the fan Seattle called dallas and told them they want Dallas first round pick for thomas and that is why the deal did not happen.

whoops somehow missed the other post.

Then Fish is telling tales because he’s also said the hold up is the contract.

Unless he’s saying Dallas is OK trading the 19th pick. I’d skewer Jones if he did that.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL at the Cowboys having to give up a first rounder for Thomas.

Guys are getting traded for 4th and 5th round picks, no one would give up a 1st for a SB MVP QB and yet we are going to drop our first on a 29 year old S who Seattle probably doesn’t have an issue parting with at some point?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Then Fish is telling tales because he’s also said the hold up is the contract.

Unless he’s saying Dallas is OK trading the 19th pick. I’d skewer Jones if he did that.

Initially someone asked what's the highest value I'd send to them for ET.....I said a 3rd or 4th. That was at the time I thought it was being reported that the Seahawks would take a 3rd and 4th for Bennett and Earl.

If Earl is in his prime.....he's worth a 1st round pick. We would get value but that seems like a lot of value for a guy who wants to be here and Seattle is trying to get rid of.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL at the Cowboys having to give up a first rounder for Thomas.

Guys are getting traded for 4th and 5th round picks, no one would give up a 1st for a SB MVP QB and yet we are going to drop our first on a 29 year old S who Seattle probably doesn’t have an issue parting with at some point?

Yeah but let's be honest....no one of the caliber of Earl Thomas has been traded yet to compare.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Initially someone asked what's the highest value I'd send to them for ET.....I said a 3rd or 4th. That was at the time I thought it was being reported that the Seahawks would take a 3rd and 4th for Bennett and Earl.

If Earl is in his prime.....he's worth a 1st round pick. We would get value but that seems like a lot of value for a guy who wants to be here and Seattle is trying to get rid of.
Well there's the 1st answer to my query.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah but let's be honest....no one of the caliber of Earl Thomas has been traded yet to compare.

Thomas is good but he’s not that much better than say a Bennett. And a SB MVP QB probably has more value than a S.

A first rounder is idiotic.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Thomas is good but he’s not that much better than say a Bennett. And a SB MVP QB probably has more value than a S.

A first rounder is idiotic.

What Super Bowl QB are you referencing that got traded?

And he's much better at his position than Bennett and he's also younger than Bennett. He also plays a position where guys tend to play into their 30's.

We are all coveting finally getting Earl Thomas. We all think he's a top 5 free safety in this league. If he's still a top 5 safety in this league then that pick should be get value for him.

I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand I don't like it. On the other hand...if it gets us closer to a title.....I'll complain about It later.

Its hard to say what value for him is because not many guys like him get traded.....Marcus Peters is probably the closest we've seen but he's also a head case and coming off a down year.