Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 4/23

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is the name I keep on hearing. But I don't think the Cowboys will give up the valuable draft stock a trade up would require.
It is not a given he would require a trade up.

Teams have their preferences on what safeties fit their scheme. Look at Savage. We apparently won't give him the time of day but some could take him in the first.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is not a given he would require a trade up.

Teams have their preferences on what safeties fit their scheme. Look at Savage. We apparently won't give him the time of day but some could take him in the first.

I've been surprised by the Cowboys seeming total lack of interest in Savage.

:huh:

Reactions: BAT

Bluefin

Reaction score
Bobby Belt is the man. Great Tweet thread here:

I'd package either 4th round selection without blinking if it allowed me to go get the player I wanted.

I'll understand staying put if the team has multiple players it likes with tags touching, but the 2009 draft left a permanent scar.

Don't be passive if a real value slides within reach.

DBOY3141

Reaction score

I'd package either 4th round selection without blinking if it allowed me to go get the player I wanted.

I'll understand staying put if the team has multiple players it likes with tags touching, but the 2009 draft left a permanent scar.

Don't be passive if a real value slides within reach.

How high could we move up with our 4th? Quite a few mocks have Abram in the 1st. Thornhill is 50/50 he makes to our pick

Bluefin

Reaction score
How high could we move up with our 4th? Quite a few mocks have Abram in the 1st. Thornhill is 50/50 he makes to our pick
Probably 10-12 spots with our 4th (#128), or 6-8 spots with the supplemental 4th (#136).

Either would be a small move to ensure we get our guy who is sliding. Making a big jump would require our 3rd (#90) and I don't see that happening.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Probably 10-12 spots with our 4th (#128), or 6-8 spots with the supplemental 4th (#136).

Either would be a small move to ensure we get our guy who is sliding. Making a big jump would require our 3rd (#90) and I don't see that happening.
agree on the 3rd. i don't see them giving that up. Gonna be close with Thornhill, I'm guessing. Interesting to see what Seattle does now with 2 1st. Heard they like him quite a bit.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Interesting to see what Seattle does now with 2 1st. Heard they like him quite a bit.
They will probably trade down with one of their first rounders, they don't have a 2nd and only five selections total.