Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 4/24

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The very WORST way to draft is to force fiit position by round

Come on Cowpoke

Now if it works out with how we grade these guys...great.

I am not saying we should lock in on positions....but if you look at the guys in most top 100 boards, I think this combo is highly likely. I think the quality guards are first and maybe second round. I think quality WR can be had in 1st and 2nd and think there are LB's throughout each level. I certainly wouldn't want to draft solely on need and in some cases I think a trade down makes much more sense in the first and maybe trading back up into the second with our 3rd if we can.

GORICO

Reaction score

i hear many are high on Vander Esch...but i looked and his traits are almost identical to the guy we picked at #18 Linebacker Bobby Carpenter in first round 2006....and that went real bad...just saying...this draft is a crap shoot...i hope by some miracle we can get Vita Vea...just my lowly opinion

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
The closer the draft gets, the more I think LVE will be the pick at 19.

I’m fine with that. I hate the “reach” word people use with some prospects.

GORICO

Reaction score
That sounds a heck of alot better than wasting 19 on LVE or Taven Bryan.
hey jday--i agree..i looked at nfldraftscoutprofile...and LVE traits are almost identical to Bobby Carpenter LB we took at #18 in 2006...and that turned out very bad...i am going to after i post this to you post a new thread of what percentage of possibility can Vita Vea fall to 19?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
hey jday--i agree..i looked at nfldraftscoutprofile...and LVE traits are almost identical to Bobby Carpenter LB we took at #18 in 2006...and that turned out very bad...i am going to after i post this to you post a new thread of what percentage of possibility can Vita Vea fall to 19?
This is such a silly argument. So two athletes who have the same traits (elite traits btw) must also perform the same in the NFL?

marius

Reaction score
the Deadskins will not let Vita Vea pass. so the only way to select Vea is trading up with the Bills, but that will cost a lot, maybe a #19 pick and a 2 round pick next year. select LVE with 19 pick would be the worst thing they could do, it is better to make a trade by ET.

GORICO

Reaction score
This is such a silly argument. So two athletes who have the same traits (elite traits btw) must also perform the same in the NFL?

actually my thought is this NFL draft is often a crap shoot?

Kolemmitt

Reaction score

I agree, its the weirdest, most illogical argument I have heard against a prospect being bandied about this draft season. Yea, sure this kid had a great season and put up elite numbers at the combine, and is at a position that we desperately need, but his numbers were too close to another guy we drafted ten years ago that didn't work out, so obviously he will be bust.

I wonder if he was just a tad faster, a tad slower, maybe an African-American instead of white, maybe a little shorter, a little taller, would he be awesome? Or is there is something magically bad about those exact numbers?

jday

Reaction score
As you may already know (I've been rather outspoken about this) Vita is my #1 pet cat and has been for 3 months. As to what the odds are, I'd say they are better than what they were a month ago because of a sudden the 49ers need a linebacker with the Reuben Foster ordeal, Washington would be smart to take Lamar Jackson to be Alex Smith's (33) understudy, and the Baltimore Ravens may look to address OL over DL. All three teams have been linked to Vita...if none of them draft him, the odds improve exponentially.