Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 4/28

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Draft picks right now are at a premium today, and Seattle doesn't have any. Garappalo was traded for a 2nd. No way I trade a 2nd for him. 3rd or later folks.
I think they now have a 3rd, with the trade they did last night. I know they don't have a second.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think they now have a 3rd, with the trade they did last night. I know they don't have a second.

A 3rd right now is better than nothing after the season. Get our WR at 2 and then we can talk. Outside of QB's people don't use high picks for positional players anymore. Especially 29 year olds with one year on the contract. Picks are like gold today.

The 3rd Oakland gave up for Bryant last night was genius. I would have done that in a heartbeat.

weaver21

Reaction score
I may be in the minority, but I would gladly take ET for the 2nd round pick (although I would try and hold out to get Seattle to take our 3rd before committing anything). Crazy I know, but I have a hunch ET will maintain his elite status for several more seasons contrary to popular belief. It could blow up in our faces if he starts declining or has injuries, but I think the risk is worth it. However, I would be fine with the Boys standing pat and using their draft picks to pick up some young guns. Either way, I'd be satisfied.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I may be in the minority, but I would gladly take ET for the 2nd round pick (although I would try and hold out to get Seattle to take our 3rd before committing anything). Crazy I know, but I have a hunch ET will maintain his elite status for several more seasons contrary to popular belief. It could blow up in our faces if he starts declining or has injuries, but I think the risk is worth it. However, I would be fine with the Boys standing pat and using their draft picks to pick up some young guns. Either way, I'd be satisfied.

I agree with you. Thomas is an excellent player who is great in coverage and coming up on the run, not afraid to stick his helmet in there. He has a full understanding of Richard and his leadership with this young group of DB would be big. Cowboys have avoided making a big splash in the off season but this is one time I think a move like this would elevate this defense to an entirely different level. Watching safeties getting over late or taking bad angles has gotten old, Thomas would put an end to that. Will he cost money? Of course players with great talent will cost but is the object saving money or winning games?

Nexx

Reaction score
A 3rd right now is better than nothing after the season. Get our WR at 2 and then we can talk. Outside of QB's people don't use high picks for positional players anymore. Especially 29 year olds with one year on the contract. Picks are like gold today.

The 3rd Oakland gave up for Bryant last night was genius. I would have done that in a heartbeat.

3rd for a one year wonderful coming off a drug suspension and who is a malcontent in the locker room? No thank you

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Thomas will bring leadership and championship experience more than his prime year ballhawking. Not that he’s exactly washed up. He has 2-3 good years left. I’d give up a third this year or a second next year

Aven8

Reaction score
3rd for a one year wonderful coming off a drug suspension and who is a malcontent in the locker room? No thank you

Risky, but they just got that 3rd so it wasn't like they ever had it. They basically got him for nothing. If it pans out they have a star.