Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 5/15

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm focused on math, the snark is just a byproduct.

You said you have 10 roster spots and that with Jackson, Jelks, and Hyder competing with Crawford - therefore "somethings gotta give".

It doesn't. Crawfords on the roster and those three are trying to compete for what is likely one remaining roster spot. Something's gotta give - and its the long shot 7th round pick going to the practice squad like most 7th round picks do - if they earn it.

The math still doesn't add up. Even with Jelks going to the practice squad.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crawford played in 15 regular season games last season. Crawford started all 15 games. How does that make him a non-starter again?

I'll ask you again, what is his "starting position"? Where is he your starter?

It's nice to see you've flopped back to talking about the starting numbers over your earlier flipping and saying then that it "didn't matter".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
C'mon beer. Hop inside and make me brave!

Wait... this isn't my argument.

Say something complimentary of the Cowboys?

tenor.gif

Say something critical?

GrandTestyCarpenterant-small.gif

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Say something complimentary of the Cowboys?

tenor.gif

Say something critical?

GrandTestyCarpenterant-small.gif
I always say I like them and think they're going 10-6!
Every damn dang year, except for that one you got to watch Dak in his rook year...
I blame you for being a narc.
I now blame you!!!

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score

It's nice to see you've flopped back to talking about the starting numbers over your earlier flipping and saying then that it "didn't matter".
I’ve already answered your question- it just wasn't what you wanted to hear. He’s a DL. He will start as one of 4 for Dallas unless something drastically changes in TC.

And it still doesn’t really matter, I’m indulging your fantasy that “starter” means jack for the sake of argument. You seem to have attached some pretend weight to the term “starter” that literally nobody else shares. Something that somehow extends past actually starting games.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ve already answered your question- it just wasn't what you wanted to hear. He’s a DL. He will start as one of 4 for Dallas unless something drastically changes in TC.

So even when plainly and clearly asked, you still can't give me a solid answer and more than "somewhere". That's quite an endorsement.

And it still doesn’t really matter, I’m indulging your fantasy that “starter” means jack for the sake of argument. You seem to have attached some pretend weight to the term “starter” that literally nobody else shares. Something that somehow extends past actually starting games.

And now you "flop" back to where it "doesn't matter".

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
So even when plainly and clearly asked, you still can't give me a solid answer and more than "somewhere". That's quite an endorsement.

And now you "flop" back to where it "doesn't matter".
No, flopping, it’s basic reading comprehension. It doesn’t matter AND you are wrong

Little Jr

Reaction score
What constitutes " a low draft pick"?

That's why I said it. They don't have to do anything now. I never claimed otherwise. They have a 90 man roster.
A 5th and a 7th.

As far as why you said it, I have no clue what you said. Lol I was going off this comment

"Find at least three guys on that list you're comfortable cutting to keep Crawford. Or punt the question because it's too tough to actually answer. Who gets forced off the roster so you can "fit him in"?"

As of right now, I named them. As far as after off-season and tc, I have no clue and neither do you. I can't see any of them pushing Crawford off the roster but you never know.

What happens sometimes, is players get contracts that are over what they deserve. Then fans want them to live up to it. I get it, I do too. But it's not, if they aren't living up to their contract, they suck and should be cut. They can still be a good player and contribute just not up to what their pay says. B.Carr went through the same thing with the fans. Plus Crawford wasn't highly over paid. Too much ? Sure but not over the top. Right now it's not a bad contract at all. He's 34th highest paid DL with his cap hit. His avg annual makes him the 40th highest paid DL.

Little Jr

Reaction score

3 tech is my guess. If Dlaw isn't ready by game one, de. If hill shows out or Collins can stay healthy and they get the 3, the one wouldn't suprise me. If it works out like I hope it does , he might not even start and having a guy like him coming in on rotation is a great thing.

His contract might have been over valued when he signed but you're undervaluing what he is and what he means to the dl. He a solid starter at multiple positions, well liked by the coaching staff, well liked in the locker room, well liked in the dl room and a leader on the defense. If he ends up being a back up on a dl that has a 8 deep rotation and he can play all the positions, something most of them can't do, that's not a bad thing.